𝐱𝐢𝐱. i love you, goodbye

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐒𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑫 𝑶𝑭 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 ▎
CHAPTER NINETEEN ─── i love you, goodbye

           AFTER FINDING OUT that Syn was not only the Stonekeeper of the Tesseract, but that the cube had been connected to her and hidden in a pocket dimension all along, Syn needed time to process, but unfortunately for the princess, luck wasn'...

           AFTER FINDING OUT that Syn was not only the Stonekeeper of the Tesseract, but that the cube had been connected to her and hidden in a pocket dimension all along, Syn needed time to process, but unfortunately for the princess, luck wasn't on her side.

Both she and Frigga knew that Syn couldn't be too long away from her chamber without the servants or worse, Odin knowing. Especially after the stunt the younger twin pulled off by losing control over her powers, but with the help of her mother, Syn was able to sneak around with a few more tricks up her sleeve, or better said, illusions.

The illusions that would make people believe that the princess was simply in her chamber reading instead of wondering through the hallways of the castle with Frigga. Syn would bump into one of the servants that passed by and take on their appearance through shape-shifting and illusions (a trick she had picked up from Loki ages ago).

Frigga tried to explain as much as she could to her daughter about what had happened during the time she was locked away in the dungeons, about the war that was happening across the Nine Realms, how she had tried to stop the arranged marriage, but most of all, how Thor had brought his Midgardian girlfriend, Jane Foster, to Asgard after she had been consumed by the Aether aka the Reality Stone.

Another thing Frigga told Syn were the stories about the Dark Elves.

Long ago, the Dark Elves, just as the Frost Giants, were mortal enemies with Asgard. The Dark Elf race originated in the vast, primordial darkness that existed prior to the creation of the manifest universe, where they reigned absolute and unchallenged.

When the universe came into being and the other civilizations of the Nine Realms arose, the Dark Elves sought to return to power by reverting the universe to its former state of darkness. To achieve this end, their leader, the sorcerer, Malekith, engineered the Aether, a superweapon forged from a substance as old as the universe itself.

Malekith's planned conquest coincided with the Convergence, a rare cosmic event in which the Realms of Yggdrasil are perfectly aligned.

The Dark Elves were opposed by the Asgardians, under the command of their king, Bor. The resulting conflict ending with the Dark Elves forced to retreat to Svartalfheim, where a desperate Malekith attempted to use the Aether in conjunction with the approaching Convergence.

The Dark Elves fought bitterly, deploying their most elite troops, the Kursed, in an attempt to halt the Asgardian advance, to no avail, with King Bor using the Bifrost Bridge to take the Aether from Malekith before he could use it, hiding it somewhere in the universe where no one would ever find it, or so he thought.