𝐱𝐱. untrusting alliance

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐒𝐲𝐧'𝐬 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭.

𑁦 ̥ ゚☆ᱺ *܂☽
▎𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑫 𝑶𝑭 𝑵𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 ▎
CHAPTER TWENTY ─── untrusting alliance

           ASGARD WAS GRIEVING because of their Queen's death after the Dark Elves attack, and their King was the worst

ASGARD WAS GRIEVING because of their Queen's death after the Dark Elves attack, and their King was the worst. He was blinded by his hatred and grief and would do anything to avenge his wife. He would sent his own soldiers to their death if it was needed to defeat Malekith.

Thor knew that Malekith would soon return for the Aether, and, once he learned that King Odin had locked Jane away in a chamber, just as he had done with Syn. Thor interrupted a military meeting as he desperately tried to convince Odin that Malekith would return and destroy Asgard in order to get the Aether.

Thor had a plan, trick Malekith by taking him away from Asgard and then destroy the Aether himself, but Odin would not let Thor move her. A new war had started between the Dark Elves and Asgardians, as his own father Bor had done until they were wiped from existence.

However, during their argument, it became clear that Odin was becoming weaker and uneasy on his feet. Thor knew that they wouldn't win the war against Malekith and his army, and that's why the thunder god decided to act on his own. He was going to execute his plan without his father's approval, but then, Thor needed some alliances.

He knew what he was risking by working out his plan. He would then commit treason of the highest order or worse, he might get them killed, which was why he needed to discuss his plans first and make sure it was save for his friends, Jane...and his siblings.

Thor was sitting alone in an empty corner of a tavern when Heimdall approached him, taking off his helmet as he took a seat at the table, ''You're not in Odin's war council?'' Thor asked curiously as he watched his friend which only made the Gatekeeper sigh deeply before saying, ''The Bifrost is closed by your father's orders. No one is to come or to go.''

Heimdall seemed defeated as he turned to look at the older prince as he continued, ''We face an enemy that is invisible even to me. What use is a guardian such as that?'' He hadn't seen the enemy invading Asgard by invisibility and if he had, the Dark Elves would never been able to reach the palace in the first place.

Jane would have been safe there, Syn would have kept the last of her remaining stability over her mental health, but most of all, Frigga would still be alive. This could have been prevented, but now, there was nothing that they could do to change the past. They could only move on and hold onto hope. They could avenge the fallen and save the realms from the Dark Elves.