Warmth

Tae watched Emma laugh out loud at something Suga just said at the dinner table. Her eyes watered and she was gasping for air while pounding Suga's arm in all friendliness. Suga laughed just as hard, as did most of the other around the table. It was such a privilege to spend a warm night like this out in the outdoors with such great group of people.

Her laugh was his favourite sound, it felt like a healing moment for him every time she laughed, releasing her happiness out into the universe. His gaze fell on her and he found himself just staring at the perfection that was her to him. There was no other way to describe it, he felt like he was looking at the person that was meant for him. There was no other explanation to his rushing emotions. These emotions needed somewhere to go before his heart burst in agony. Being close to her was not enough. He often wondered if it would ever be enough.

Her eyes met his and she smiled widely, her eyes sparkling. All the noise around disappeared in moments like these and it felt like it was only them present. That connection was obvious to the others, making them an ounce uncomfortable sometimes, like they were disturbing. That feeling was stronger than usual tonight though.

"Let's grab our drinks guys and move to the fire-pit", Namjoon said and stood up with his beer tightly in his hand.

"Great idea ", Vanessa replied and followed him.

One by one they all got comfortable in their chairs , covered in warm blankets incase the evening breeze and influence of alcohol and relaxation made them shiver.

"I can't believe that we are already way past halftime of our stay here in the US", Namjoon said and shook his head in disbelief. "It feels like we just arrived".

"It really does...", Emma replied and looked down at her drink. "I can't believe I have to leave one day...", she continued and a veil of sadness spread quickly over her.

"Let's not get sentimental yet, there is still some time left. We should enjoy that part too instead of grieving the end of this", Suga said, observing her closely.

Tae's heart dropped. He knew that it was an inevitable fact that she was indeed leaving one day. He just didn't want to explore the emotions that came with that fact since not having her in his life was unthinkable.

"These have been some of the best months of my life so far. And all the great people we met on this side of the world, you are all such amazing people", she said and stroke Taes hand.

"How are you two ever going to part ways?", Vanessa asked and gulped her drink quickly.

Everyone went silent and stared at Emma and Tae. The question was valid, it was on everyone's minds.

"I don't know...I don't want to think about it...", Emma replied and smiled sadly.

"There is still time until that day comes. We will see", Tae continued.

Was it naive to think that their journey would have another ending than a tragic one? He needed to believe it did, otherwise his heart felt like it would bust into million pieces. Hope was all he had.

"Well guys, thank you for an amazing dinner and day, I will retreat to my room now", Suga said and greeted everyone good night.

"I think I will follow his example,see you guys tomorrow at breakfast", Namjoon said and followed Suga.

"That's my que to do the same, I'm getting really sleepy. Goodnight guys", Vanessa said, following the others with quick steps.

Tae turned to Emma.

"Tired ?", he asked.

She shook her head and stared into his dark eyes. Those eyes held her whole world.