Newness

A few days of adjustment to the new timezone passed by pleasantly by the pool. They all knew that the time for work was coming soon, and quite frankly, they looked forward to it. It all still had the glow of newness over it, making nothing seem like an effort.

They had gotten aquinted with the neighbourhood, now finding their way to the supermarket a short drive away. They also drew by the office building, so they would know how much time the drive would take. Now that they had fully adjusted to their new environment, it was time to get to work. This evening did offer the first ever joint team dinner with the US side.

Emma just got out of the shower after a stress free day in the sun by the pool. Her phone rang and Jin's familiar face appeared on the screen.

"Hey babe", she answered her FaceTime happily.

"Hey love. Are you okey over there?", he asked with a smile.

"Yes, I really am. We are having such a good time so far", she replied with a bright smile.

"Wow, I haven't seen you this happy in a long time", he said, feeling happy for her but sad for himself because he wasn't there sharing these experiences with her.

"Really? I Am always happy when I'm hanging out with you", she replied, looking at him confused.

That was true, but this was something new. Something she couldn't describe yet.

"We are going to a team dinner at the CEO's house tonight in the hills. I'm just getting ready, we are leaving in a little bit", she continued, not being able to relate to the statement Jin made.

"Okey, enjoy yourself, call me later", he said.

"I will, don't worry ", she said and waved goodbye with a smile.

A light knock was heard on her door.

"Emma are you ready? We have to go", Namjoon said as he stuck in his head.

She nodded and grabbed her bag on the way out.

Every drive was still like a sightseeing trip. This one wasn't any different. The grand views of the hills mesmerised the group.

If they though their house was big, it was nothing compared to this mansion with a marvellous view over the city. They all stared in awe as they walked slowly toward the door.

"Enjoying the view? I never get used to it either", a friendly voice said. "Welcome to LA", she continued, stepping down the stairs in a flowy green dress.

The voice belonged to a woman in her mid 40's.

"Sara?", Namjoon asked as he approached her.

"Yes that is me", she said with a warm smile, her green eyes complimenting her olive skin perfectly.

"Pleasure to meet you", he continued. "Sara, meet Emma, Suga and Vanessa from my team. This is Sara March, the CEO on this side".

She greeted them before inviting them to step inside of her home. They followed her with amazement. The mood inside of the house was cheerful with people chatting intensely.

They approached a large table, set for dinner.

"Guys, listen up. Let me introduce you to our newcomers all the way from Seoul".

Everyones eyes turned to them with curiously.

"Emma, Namjoon, Suga and Vanessa", Sara continued. "Meet James, Hannah, Charlie, Kendall and...where the hell is Tae?".

"Late as usual", Kendal answered with a smirk on her face.

"Of course he is, I should have known",Sara replied with a laugh. "Please guys, have a seat. This is your closest team on this side, get comfortable and get to know each other", she urged and pointed to the table.