Drunk on love

He summoned her the moment she stepped on the bus. She approached him in the back of the bus with a smile on her pale face, dark sunglasses covering her face. Without hesitation she slid down next to him. They had become inseparable, neither of them remembering what life was before that. It was a real life drama that played in front of the other team members.

"Good morning beautiful", he greeted her with confidence.

"Morning handsome", she replied instantly, taking off her sunglasses and exposing her bare face.

"Tired?", he asked, already knowing the answer.

She nodded with a sad smile.

"My sleep was cut short by the rascals who are the center of this circus", she said pouting.

She loved her sleep, without it she didn't function. It was a necessity.

"Then lean on me, take a nap. You deserve it. The drive will take a few hours anyway", he said as his arms pulled her in.

She couldn't resist to get comfortable, snuggled close to him as he leaned on the window to make space for her. His chest was inviting, his heartbeat comforting her, the scent of him enchanting her, the warmth of his skin transferring to hers. His arm wrapped around her, his tall graceful fingers playing with her back. Her fingers dug into his chest lovingly.

They both got lost in moments like these, forgetting their surroundings, other people simply ceasing to exist. Getting lost in their own world was something they lived for, a beautiful growing addiction.

The bus was quiet this morning, most of them taking the opportunity to nap on the drive to San Fransisco. Tae didn't want to miss any moments he had with her, they were limited and precious to him. He found himself staring at her sleeping features in awe, his heart aching. It ached with all his confused emotions.

The word "stay" escaped him into a whisper more than once. He kissed her head lightly, not wanting to wake her up. His grip of her tightened, pressing her against his chest. All these emotions had nowhere to escape and he wanted badly to shower her with them, make her feel the way he felt about her. He was convinced no one could love her more than him. He was grateful that she let him hold her like this for a long time, but it made him painfully aware of how much he craved it.

Emma slipped in and out of sleep, his quiet whispers making their way into her consciousness. Her heart melted more by each loving kiss on her head, by his tight embrace and his desperate whispers. She adjusted herself in the seat enough to turn her head and face him and his soft gaze. The look in his eyes said it all. He had surrendered to her against his better judgement. Her sleepy blurry vision was clear enough to understand his overwhelming emotions because she shared them with him.

It was something unexplainable that she had never experienced before, a connection beyond reason, and attraction strong enough to break any walls, any boundaries. It had its own rules and took them somewhere close to the edge of madness. It was marvellous and frustrating simultaneously.

Her eyes wandered to his lips and he gulped, not being able to resist the urge to lean closer to her, hoping that she wouldn't pull away from him this time.

She didn't move, she gazed at him, making his stomach flutter. His urges were about to break him into pieces if he didn't act on them. His pursuit was slow, he wanted the moment to be perfect. His lips melted on hers, transferring all his emotions into the kiss. How sweet it felt to taste her and to feel her return the kiss this time. The explosion of feelings inside of him was greater than fireworks on new years eve.

His hand slid to the back of her neck, pulling her lips even closer as he asked for permission to enter her mouth with his tongue. It was granted and he deepened the kiss, high on endorphines, lost in the moment. She let him kiss her, let him transfer his affections to her.

The curiosity had won over her reasoning. It was too tempting to know how it would feel to give into him. Now that she had a taste of it, it overpowered her senses, making her aware that there was never going to be anything that would feel as sweet as him.

They kissed until they were both out of breath. Only then did they pull away from each other, staring at each other with so many questions. In the absence of suitable words, she snuggled into his chest again and he embraced her, as silence still lingered in the air. There was not an expression of emotions that could explain this feeling of madness, of being drunk on love with someone in the best possible way.

There was no justice in the world if they were not meant for each other, he thought to himself. There had to be a reason for all this insanity. How could something this beautiful be something temporary, something to be forgotten.

It made absolutely no sense. He had to have her, needed to have her. Life would never be the same without her now that he knew what it felt to love someone with his whole being and beyond.