Sunshine

Emma woke up with a jerk. She sat up quickly in her bed and looked around her in a confused state. It took her a while to realise where she was, it still did every morning. She wasn't used to her surroundings yet.

She rubbed her sleepy eyes, the first rays os sunshine sneaking through her blinds. This place still brought her a sense of peace. The sunshine helped; it was extremely difficult to be in a bad mood when met with it every morning.

Her dreams were also confusing her. The amount of dreams that she actually remembered every morning was astonishing to her. Her brain must have been working overtime with all the new information and new impressions to process.

This morning they were full of Tae once again. They had been the past week. Surely she was spending a large amount of time with him, but she spent that time with the others too, without them haunting her dreams.

Haunting was a strong word for them, they were all pleasant. Just like she utterly enjoyed her time with him at work everyday, she enjoyed her time with him in her dreams. In them she could cross the lines she couldn't in real life. The temptation was driving her insane, her urges getting stronger by the minute. He really knew how to tease her senses, make her emotions rage inside of her confused heart. She badly wanted to know what it felt like to hold him, his chest pressed against her back, arms tightly wrapped around her waist, both of their hearts racing.

Her phone buzzed and brought her back to reality quickly.

"Hey babe", she answered her FaceTime and was met by Jin's handsome face.

"Hey love, you seem to be in a good mood today. What time is it there?", Jin said with a smile on his face.

"It is 7 am, I was just about to get up and get ready for work. How was your day?", she replied.

"It was okey, nothing exciting. I just wanted to hear your voice and see your face before I go to bed, it's late here", he said, observing her. "You look really well rested, how come?".

She laughed nervously, her gut turning by the thought that he had no idea of what was going on in her life right now. Neither had he any power to change any of it at this moment.

"I do? It's all the sunshine", she replied as she shrugged her shoulders.

"I'm envious. Wish I could be there", he said with a pouty face.

"I know babe. You should go to bed, I will talk to you later", she said and blew him a kiss through the screen.

"Have a good day, I miss you", he said with a sad smile.

"Miss you too", she replied and hung up.

Did she though? Miss him.

She still sadly didn't miss anything about her life in Seoul. That uncomfortable knot in her stomach made another appearance. Her life was pleasant, it was acceptable back there. The problematic part was that no one ever lived for acceptable, it wasn't a long term solution. The aching realizations started to creep upon her that she just wasn't as happy as she thought she was. These new experiences were putting her life in a different unflattering light.

She really didn't want to think about it, she just wanted to enjoy her time here and see what it could teach her. Lessons learned, experiences richer.

She skipped to the shower with light steps, eager to start the day.

A few moments later she entered the kitchen and was met by cheerful greetings from her housemates.

"Good morning everyone", she replied and sat down next to Namjoon at the kitchen counter, Suga handing her a cup of coffee.