Monster AU, Story of the past

" A long long time ago, our lands were filled with many different creatures

" A long long time ago, our lands were filled with many different creatures. Some originated from far away places, while others already lived here. We all got along and followed the rules of nature.

But that all changed until the first humans came. They came from a nation far away in the distance. They had decided to claim our beautiful land as their own.

One day, a group of their own knights had encountered one of our creatures, and a fight broke out. The only one left was the creature.

After the incident, the high-ranked humans sent a negotiator. This person encountered the same creature. He talked with the creature, telling it that instead of being foes with the inhabitants of this land, let's instead be allies.

The creature told the negotiator that he would speak with his leaders about this.

A week has passed and the creatures told the humans that they will ally themselves with them as long as they respected their land.

Centuries passed, and one part of the land that was filled with meadows of bright green grass and colorful flowers now turned to a gigantic kingdom surrounded by a wall that kept the low-classed humans, farmers, and monsters out.

It was all peaceful, but over time we monsters have come to notice a few things happening. Sure we befriended the humans, helped them with their work, and some even worshipped us as gods. But there have been instances that the humans have killed some creatures that looked like demons because of their beliefs. Creatures with scale and fur were hunted and skinned. And even the creatures who couldn't defend themselves were also hunted and killed for the belief that if the human consumed their flesh or blood, they would be cured.

And all this is still happening to this day, we are lucky that we live in the deepest parts of our land where no human dares to venture.

Now I'm telling you all of this because I want you to be safe, and to not blindly trust any human you see. I want you and the other youngling to always have your guard up, because who knows when a human will pop up and attack you. Just like they did to me. "