thirty-eight

"I'm a bit late, aren't I?"

"Don't worry about it, y/n— pass over that cut out?" You laughed to Hobi as you rolled over the cardboard cut out of Jimine that your friend had requested. With a sigh, he set into place.

"God, he looks like an idiot."

"Who puts a cardboard cutout of themself at their wedding?"

Hoseok laughed, walking away from it with you. "It was Jungkook-ah's idea."

You gasped. "He's coming?" Hobi nodded. "Are you serious— I haven't seen Kookie in ages!"

"I know— he couldn't make it to the wedding but his flight lands in a few hours so he said he'll come straight here. He needs a ride so I'll have to dip out—"

"Oh my god, no, you stay! I'll go get him!" Hobi began to shake his head but you took his arm. "Give me his terminal information and I'll go get him. What time?"

"I'll let you know—"

"Let's get this party started!" One of Jimin's work friends walked in and you smiled. You'd met some of them of course but it was always interesting to see who Jimin hung out with if it weren't with you.

Or Taehyung.

"I'll get these guys set up with some of the tables. Can you grab the table cloths from my car?" With a nod, you caught Hobi's keys and were off on your way.

It was while you were on your way back into the venue when Taehyung arrived. "Oh, let me help with that." You handed him a box and he carried it in behind you. "Where am I—"

"Here." You set the boxes down with a sigh and reached down for your ankle. He glanced down. "These heels are killing me."

Take them off— were carpeted here anyway, right?" You looked around and nodded slowly. "Here." He pulled a seat out and you took sat down at the table you were near. You gasped as he got down on his knee.

"Tae—"

"Ifs fine." He helped undo the straps of your hells and got them off, leaving you in your stockings. He stood, heels dangling from his fingertips. "I'll put these off to the side."

"You didn't have to do that." He shrugged and carried them away. You peeled your eyes away from him to glance at Jimin now standing in the doorway.

"Groom!"

He walked over to you as you stood, a frown on his face. You smelled the coffee on him and knew he'd managed to escape with his wife to go to their favourite coffee shop before arriving. He'd always talked of doing that and it made your heart swell he managed to make that wish of his come true.

"You okay?" you asked regarding the frown on his face.

"Yeah." You tilted your head. "Y/N?"

"Yeah?"

"You two are never going to be just friends."

"What do y—"

"So stop trying."

"Jiminie I'm not trying anything. I'm over it. And I'm seeing that guy in the building above us remember?"

"Yeah."

"And do you know if he's seeing anyone?" Jimin shrugged. "Were fine, I promise. We're never going to be anything, okay? We just both happen to be here at your wedding and we're being civil."

"Yeah, by giving each other foot massages."

"Jimin!"

"Whatever. These past few years have been good for you, y/n. You know that. We have the dance studio up, your art is selling and you're working on another book."