thirty

"There you are."

"Sorry, about that-- I had to see her off." You nodded and took your hair out, redoing your ponytail. "Did Jeon go?"

"Koo? Yeah, he finally left." You shook your head to yourself, turning to your bag. "One last dance."

"The showcase is just about wrapping up, isn't it?" Tae fumbled with his phone. "In a few minutes-- hyung doesn't need us for clean up, does he?"

"Gosh, I hope not."

"Yeah, I told Jiminie I'd watch the duet." You smiled, pulling out the clothes you were to wear for that dance. "That's nice."

"Thanks." You sighed, dropping your shoulders. Just a few hours and you could go home and sleep the rest of the day away again. After dinner with Yoongi and his girlfriend too. Oh well. It's all soon enough.

"What do the winners get for the dance?"

You groaned in realization, dropping your comb and your favourite palette of makeup. Taehyung leaped forward to grab both. "I forgot about the award ceremony!"

Chuckling, he handed them back to you. "It's okay-- here. You can sleep for the rest of the dances in my car if you want." Shaking your head, you gestured for him to turn.

"I'm okay." You sighed, slipping your skirt off for the final time to pull up your leggings. Finally. And then came your blouse-- on with the sweatshirt. "Is t/gf coming to the dinner with Yoongi?"

"I don't think so, y/n-- she went home to finish some assignment so I don't think that's gonna be on her mind." You hummed, pulling the sweatshirt on, pulling your hair out of the hood.

"That's fi--"

You paused as you heard a voice down the hallway. Tae turned to you, eyes wide. 

"Yeah, I saw the pieces-- they're so good, hyung."

"Thanks-- had some help."

"How many dances are left?" Yoongi's deep voice was low but getting nearer and nearer. As was Hoseok's.

"Well, just one from us," he said with a laugh. You and Tae's eyes widened at each other. "A duet."

"I see."

"You gonna stay?"

Yoongi clicked his teeth and you heard a sigh. Awfully close now. "I think I'll go-- why is this hall light on?" Eyes widening, knowing they were about to walk right in on you and Tae, you gasped.

Tae moved quicker than you did. You dropped your blouse, glad you were fully clothed as Tae neared you. You felt your back press to the wall behind you as Tae grabbed your wrists, pinning them to the wall. Eyes wide, you let his chest press to yours.

And just as Yoongi and Hoseok walked by, he titled his head to shield yours and pressed your lips to his.

Eyes falling shut immediately, you let out a sigh, fists unclenching to wrap your arms around Tae's neck, only pulling him closer.

His hands let go of your wrists then, wrapping them around your waist to pull you closer to him and to push himself closer to you. You tugged at his hair, maybe to use his long locks to cover the side of your face that might be visible to the two that were walking by. Or maybe just to pull him even closer.

Probably the latter because it wasn't like you were thinking about anything when Tae's lips moved faster and faster against yours.

"Fuck." You pulled away to kiss his neck and Tae's head fell back as he groaned a little, the vibration of the sound pleasant against your lips. You moved your way back up his jaw and he met his lips with yours for the second time.