thirty-five

"There you are!" Jin threw his hands up in the air as you shut the door behind you.

"I'm so sorry-- I'd had a really rough morning." He shook his head, rolling up his shirt sleeves as he picked up a box of photocopies. You reached for the other.

"Everything alright?"

"Yes-- I'm okay." He smiled, glad that was all out of the way. He had a day to run.

"Great. Now-- these boxes down to the auditorium. I only have two now but Joon'll get the rest later."

"Who..."

"Ah, my friend? You met him a few weeks back." Jin groaned as he hoisted the box up his hip to reach into his dress pants' pockets. "He'll come to get the rest of these in a bit."

"I remember him." You nodded and Jin nodded back, holding the door open for you. "What will we be doing today? I didn't miss any important meetings, did I?"

"No, no, nothing important-- today will just be debriefing the other experimenters. Remind them of ethics."

"That sounds good."

"Alright-- can I trust you with my keys?" You grinned, taking them as you set down the box you'd been carrying down the hall with him. "Go check my office for my planner?"

"Yes, sir."

Jin readjusted his glasses and headed towards the podium in the auditorium as you headed back down the hall. The seats were filling up slowly as you left, bumping right into your friend. "Why hello there, y/n."

"Whatcha doing here, Jiminie?" He smiles, hands in his pockets.

"Wanted to come to see you-- you didn't text me last night." You smiled and led him towards Jin's office, hoping it'd be okay that he joined you.

"I'm alright, Jimin. Don't worry." He smiled. "Well, thanks for coming then." You sighed hands in your hips. "Now we wait."

"To be clear," Jimin said, holding a finger up, "I'm not participating."

"Yeah, yeah its too late anyway—"

"Hyung, where did yo—" Namjoon's eyebrows raised as he walked into the room. "You two—"

"Oh, hey hyung." Namjoon frowned for a moment before being hit with a realization. "I'm in your engin—"

"Yes, sorry— I'm all over the place today." Jimin shook his head and Namjoon turned to you. "And we meet again."

"Yes, we do."

"How is everything?"

You smiled and shrugged. "I'm alright— I've dropped quite a few pounds of stress." Namjoon chuckled and the three of you left the office after grabbing the things you need. Jimin tapped your shoulder. You turned

"Is anything crazy happening today?" You shook your head, walking a few steps behind Namjoon as you headed down the hallway back to the auditorium. The boxes you'd left earlier were now being picked up by the TA and you and Jimin headed in promptly.

"Apparently not. It's a good thing I let Jungkook sleep in." Jimin nodded slowly as you skipped over to hand Jin his things. He took them gratefully and motioned for you to take a seat at the front.

"About that," Jimin whispered, taking your hand and leading you to the side. "Everything okay, y/n? Really?"

"I'm okay if that's what you're asking." You gulped, looking around. "Tae okay?"

"Taehyung's fine," Jimin sighed. "I think he got his heart broken twice last tonight."

You shrugged. "Think about mine, Jiminie."