thirteen

"Hey, Yoongs-- why is your apartment always unlo--"

Yo paused to see Taehyung sitting on Yoongi's couch, controller in hand. He turned when hearing your voice and frowned. Yoongi himself emerged from the kitchen, coffee mug in hand. "Hey, y/n."

"Hey, Yoongs." Yoongi passed the mug to you to hold as you slipped your shoes off. He spent a few seconds gathering some random pieces of paper on which he'd clearly done some brainstorming on. With the dining table cleared, he gestured for you to have a seat. Taehyung simply resumed his game.

"You want coffee?" he asked. "You'll have to do instant though because I ran out of pods."

"No, that's okay, I'm good." You took a seat and he sighed, sitting across from you. "What-- what's he doing? I thought you needed help with something?"

Yoongi took a sip of his coffee. "I don't need help with anything. I need you two to fucking get a move on with that painting." Taehyung glanced back at you when Yoongi's voice hit him.

"Hyu--"

"Put the controller down, Kim."

Taehyung obeyed, pausing the game and rushing over to the table to sit across from you. Yoongi spoke, clearing away his things, almost speaking absentmindedly.

"I don't care who broke up with who or if she rejected you or he rejected you." You and Tae made eye contact. "I don't give a shit-- I want that piece done for my damn showcase, understood?"

"Ye-yes," you mumbled together.

"And I don't want it looking like ass. You're fucking fantastic artists. I want to see that in my piece." You looked down at the table, breaking eye contact with Tae. "Where's the painting?"

"My place."

"Do you need a place to work on it?" he asked, sitting down with a little sigh. You swallowed, knowing Yoongi had caught onto what had been going on. "Do you?"

"Yeah," you mumbled at the same time Taehyung said,

"We can do it at y/n's place, hyung, it's fine."

You looked up. "I'd rather we do it here, Yoongs." Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed up as he tried to make eye contact with you. You refused to meet his gaze, looking at Yoongi instead.

Yoongi nodded. "I'll find you two a place though-- I don't have room to store it here."

"But--"

Yoongi cut Tae off. "I can give you my card to the studio in the art faculty. No one's usually their Sunday nights-- does that time work for you?" You picked up your phone to check your dance schedule; Hoseok had just changed practice times.

"That's okay for me."

Taehyung sighed, giving up. "Yeah, it's fine."

"Good." Yoongi pressed his palms to the table, pushing himself up. "That's all-- that gives you a few more weeks to finish." You nodded and sighed, rubbing your hands together. Yoongi picked up a few papers that had been swatched on with colour and waved Taehyung away. "Go finish your game."

Tae got up to leave and you turned to Yoongi. "Do you need help, Yoongs?" He nodded and slid some swatches to you. You looked through them as he murmured to you, only for you to hear.

"Was it him?"

"Hm?"

"He rejected you?" You looked up at Yoongi but he kept his eyes on the pages in front of you.

"Yeah." He hummed as you pointed to a particularly pretty set of colours-- they reminded you of fall. He nodded and picked it up, waving the cardstock as if to dry it.