nine

"And I feel like it's too early to propose, dude."

"Fuck yeah, it's too early-- you're twenty, Jiminie."

The boys moved up a space in line. "Well, she's the one, dude, I'm sure of that." Taehyung sighed. "I'm marrying the shit out of jm/gf, I just don't know when."

"After you finish school?" Jimin kicked at a pebble that'd made its way inside of the store they were in.

"I mean, would it matter? We could be married and still do school."

"Yeah, but isn't that weird? You can't live together and do married shit, you know?"

Jimin began to protest. "We could live together-- why couldn't we? She has a job, I have a job. We can get a small apartment by the school."

Taehyung sighed, stretching his arms as Jimin walked up to the counter to pay for the candy he'd bought. "What time do you have between a degree in engineering and dance to go house hunting?"

"Plenty."

"I doubt it."

"Whatever, dude-- I'll propose next year then."

Taehyung and Jimin were at the mall together trying to find presents for their respective girlfriends. Taehyung had a date with his girlfriend who'd been complaining that he hadn't boughten her anything in the time they'd been together. And Jimin had a 3 year anniversary to celebrate.

"Where's y/n at-- I feel like the three of us haven't been together in ages, dude." Jimin picked up a fast-food bag left on the ground and balled it up, throwing it into a nearby trashcan.

"How the fuck would I know?" 

Jimin glanced at him. "Did something happen between you guys?" Tae looked up. "You're both so awkward now, man."

"Nah, nothing like that." Jimin shrugged and went back to counting his change as he'd been doing. "So how are things going with that guy she's seeing?" 

Jimin rolled his eyes. "Ask her yourself, dude."

"Just tell me. The last time I asked, we fought." 

"She's fine, she's seeing him-- that's all."

"Fine, don't tell me, I don't give a shit about it anyway." Jimin stopped walking for a moment and stared.

"You tell her about the thing that happened in middle school and she's pissed, isn't she?" Taehyung froze. "Fuck, dude, we agreed it was better she didn't know ab--"

"I didn't tell her that-- did you tell her?" Jimin frowned and shook his head.

"No? Why would I?" Taehyung simply shook his head and kept on walking. "Dude?"

"It's nothing. I'd-- I'd forgotten about that."

---

see you :)

Your date had only liked your message and you frowned, staring at it. He could've at least sent a smiley face back, right? Or maybe a xx? You questioned it for the millionth time before clicking your phone off.

There was absolutely no correlation between him not texting you back and him being a slight bit late for your date. None. Nothing at all.

So where was he?

You considered calling him but what kind of manners would that be? Maybe he'd gotten stuck in traffic? Or he'd headed the wrong way and missed the restaurant? You kept telling yourself the same thing; there had to be some sort of valid excuse for his being late. Right?

just friends//kthजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें