(56) THE LONG AWAITED ANSWER

Duryodhan entered into his father's chamber who was taking rest by being tension free

Duryodhan entered into his father's chamber who was taking rest by being tension free. The way of intaking of breaths were signifying about restlessness on part of Duryodhan, but Shakuni didn't bother himself to come out of his chilling state. Duryodhan who observed his cunning father carefree for the first time was having thousands of questions in his mind. He was arranging the order of his questions suitably to shot on his father.

"Wanna ask something, My child?" The sugar coated voice of Shakuni made the restlessness a bit severe in Duryodhan.

"You know my questions well. But each time I ask you deny me in excuse of arrival of right time. Even before went to Sindh you didn't say about your motive to visit there. But your absence has made me realize many facts." Duryodhan voiced out his complain, but his last sentence has his father's interest.

"Which fact you realized, My child?" His interest made him put the question.

"I realised that we can't show more rigidity to Bhanu. Because she has started to take stand as a mother. She cleared me that now she won't be silent in front of my wrong moves." Duryodhan told stressing his each word with seriousness.

"And what more you realised?" Shakuni again asked patiently. But in real he was trying to pacify himself as Duryodhan told to do back out from strictness towards Bhanumati.

"Now I am going to be a father. I am the future king. I am responsible towards my upcoming generation. I need to know about the secrets which you never shared with me. I want to know the answer of this question that why we used to give our half national income as tax to Hastinapur. Please tell me, Pitashri." After hearing Duryodhan's tone Shakuni was amused. Because his son was urging to him for the first time.

Till the time when he used to ask questions, he always proceed with demanding tone.

"Sure, I will describe you the whole history." Shakuni assured Duryodhan by patting on his shoulder.

"It was the time when me and my father had visited Hastinapur on a special occasion. That occasion was "Hari Shayan Ekadasi." Shakuni started the narration gaining Duryodhan's attention like a child hearing his awaited story.

"Hari Shayan Ekadasi! The day when Lord Vishnu sleeps for four mounth! The day from which Chatur masya vrat (A special sacrificial offering of Vaishnavs to Lord Vishnu till four month.) starts!" Shakuni nodded silently to Duryodhan's exclamation.