(22) SAME MENTION AGAIN

It became evening

It became evening. Subhadra went to Sri Somnath again with her friends. It was time of evening veneration. Subhadra sang  with devotion for Sri Somnath. Everyone were drived into the deep spiritual feeling because of her heavenly voice.

After end of veneration Subhadra started to distribute fruits to devotees who had determined to have a non luxurious life for whole month of  "Sawan". After distribution finished Subhadra asked priest about the person who was doing "Jal Abhishek" for the whole day. Priest said he went to the garden of temple.

Subhadra said her sakhis to wait, and she went there to meet him. When she reached there that person was standing silently while gazing at the sky. Subhadra proceeded nearer.

"Greetings, young sage."  Subhadra greeted him, and he turned. His turning made Subhadra gasp in happiness.

"Sakhaaa! It's you, or am I having illusion?" Subhadra exclaimed with excitement.

"No, it's really me sakhi." Arjun replied with a gentle smile.

"When I didn't see you with bhrata Nakul at time of  departure, I thought you would have left early. You said yesterday that you need to take leave from Royal members. So I assumed your departure at first place, Sakha." Subhadra put forward facts from her side to get answers for those.

"Sakhi, I said i had to take leave. I didn't say that meant for my departure. I do spend the whole month of Sawan at Sri Somnath by renouncing all comfort. I am in this continuous term for long seven years. It's my eighth year here. Me and Madhav met with each other at this place first time during my first term."  Arjun explained to her curiosity.

With words of Arjun, Subhadra remembered that Kanha had told her about their friendship briefly. He mentioned that he and Arjun met during Arjun's penance at Sri Somnath.

"Sakha, say about the story of your friendship with bhratasri.Subhadra asked with excitement beamed eyes.

"When I first came here at that first day I saw dau and Madhav welcoming the sages and pilgrims here, at Somnath. Like others i also felt his smile as the best blessing anyone could have possibly. At evening again Madhav came. I was sitting with my deep thoughts. Actually I was feeling lack of spirit. Determination was there. But still some parts of dedication was missed. Madhav told me tale of Sri Somnath, and I felt a sensation of  encouragement in me briskly. Then interaction increased, and we both came friends." Arjun finished, and witnessed an engrossed Subhadra.