THIRTY EIGHT

Christmas Day

I was too excited to sleep, my first real Christmas was right downstairs, and I couldn't wait any longer. It was a little past seven in the morning when I got out of bed, leaving a sleeping Taehyung behind. I put on my robe and slippers then went downstairs, just like I suspected I was the first person up. I admired the decorations the guys put up all over the house with a big smile on my face. Since I was full of energy, I decided to get started on breakfast for everyone. Taehyung made everyone spend the night at our house so we could all enjoy the holiday together in its entirety.

The first thing I got going was the crockpot for hot chocolate. I set up a toppings bar on the same counter that consisted of mini marshmallows, candy cane bits, whipped cream, and chocolate shavings. I turned on both ovens to preheat while I lined three large sheet trays with thick cut bacon, with those set to the side I made up waffle batter, whipped up an 18ct carton of eggs and sliced up some onions, mushrooms, bell peppers and tomatoes and set out some shredded cheese.

Just as I slid the last try of bacon into the oven and closed it, I heard voices coming downstairs. I went to stir the hot chocolate and felt a pair of arms around my waist from behind,

"Good morning, Dumpling and Merry Christmas" Tae greeted me with kiss to my left cheek

"Merry Christmas baby" I say turning to face him and pecking his adorable lips "Did you sleep well?"

"I did, how about you? I know you were excited"

"I slept good but I couldn't stay asleep much longer. I'm making breakfast for everyone, mind giving me a hand"

"Of course," He patted my butt then went to wash his hands at the deep double basin sink. Taehyung renovated the kitchen to be like that of a high quality restaurant when he bought the house for us, and I loved it. It was my second favorite room in our new house, after our bedroom.

"Can you cut up some fresh fruit for us?" He gave me a thumbs up and began pulling out berries and melons to slice them up.

Things have been getting better day by day, I still struggle with nightmares sometimes, but Taehyung is there for me every single night. He's been delegating more responsibility so he can spend the nights with me as often as possible. He and Jin have decided to control the family business together, as a team.

Ever since Taehyung got shot, I've noticed he clings to me more than before, which I don't mind but I don't know if it's coming from a fearful place or an affectionate one. I've been wanting to talk to him about it for a while but I'm not sure how to bring it up without sounding like I'm complaining. After his birthday and new year's I'll talk to him.

"Merry Christmas everyone!" Jungkook spoke loudly as he came into the kitchen in his themed pajamas with Jin, Namjoon, Kita and Yoongi behind him.

"Good morning, guys, merry Christmas to you all" I say putting batter on the waffle iron

"It smells delicious in here, need any help?" Jin asked, with a shy smile.

"You can cook the eggs when it's time, I also cut up some veggies in case anyone wanted an omelet"

"Okay" he replied. He and I hadn't grown close like I did with the others but that was slowly changing.

Jin was much older than me, so I was intimidated by him and because of Dominic being my father he was conflicted about being around me, after the events of that night we talked and now we are developing our own relationship.

"I'm done with the fruit Dumpling, want me to put it on a serving platter?" I nodded and he did as he said.

"Looks like everything is under control already, do you need my help too?" Kitas asked, bumping shoulders with me