SEVEN

Taehyung

"FUCK!" I roared hearing it echo throughout the house. She just hung up on me before I could explain, I tried calling her back right away but she already blocked me

"Kita isn't answering either" Yoongi answered the question I had not asked yet. He sighed and tried calling again without luck

"How's Jungkook?" I asked, trying to put my men first but honestly I just wanted to find Dumpling and explain everything like I should have done instead of telling her I didn't want to see her again. I'm an idiot.

"He's stable, we got the bullet out, he needs to rest now. Fortunately it's just a flesh wound" Jimin replied, running his hair through his hair

"I found out where Kita lives" Hoseok entered the room with a torn piece of paper with her address written on it and handed it Yoongi

"Good. And what did you find out about Zuri?" I questioned hoping my information specialist would have good news for me too

"Nothing yet Tae, I'm still working on it but I do know that she is staying with Kita for the weekend. Maybe you two could go by there"

"No, Yoongi and Namjoon will go to check on them and report back to me directly. Jimin you keep an eye on Jungkook, Hoseok you keep digging and I will call my uncle. This shit doesn't make sense, why the fuck is Dominic attacking for no reason. I thought he and my uncle had an agreement"

Everyone agreed and went on to their assignments. I went to my office to call my uncle. He ran everything with his own crew but occasionally would utilize us when dealing with certain associates, Dominic being one.

"Hyung," although he's my uncle he's only a few years older than me and we practically grew together he's more like an older brother

"What is it Taehyung, is everything okay?"

"I don't know, Jungkook got shot tonight and Namjoom and Hoseok positively identified the shooter as one of Dominic's men... what's going on?"

"That motherfucker... Taehyung, I'll call you back in an hour. Don't make a move until I say so"

"Yes Hyung" the line was silent. I stayed in my office not-so patiently waiting for my uncle's return call. Exactly 43 minutes passed, I watched every tick of the clock, when Hoseok knocked at my door "Come in"

"I got some basic info of Zuri, not much is available but she works part time at a cafe about thirty minutes from here and lives with her mother who is an alcoholic according to some medical records. Zuri is almost nonexistent by today's standards, she's got no social media except a Facebook account that hasn't been active in 4 years, a bank account with next to nothing in it and she doesn't belong to anything" he concluded laying out the info he hand on my desk

"Something is off, I know you told me already but are you sure it was one of Dominic's guys? It doesn't make sense"

"He definitely was but it was so unexpected, even Dom's other guys looked surprised when the shot was fired. I don't know what going on yet but I know what I saw"

"Okay, okay. Thanks for the information on Zuri, Hoseok I appreciate it"

"You like her already" he stated with a playful smirk "Not your usual type but she is a pretty girl"

"She is and she's different, she's still very innocent and pure in a lot of ways meaning I'm probably not the man for her but I like her and I want her. I didn't even fuck her and she's invading my mind"

"Well, do what you need to get her Taehyung" before I could say anything more to Hoseok the phone rang

"Jin-hyung?"

"Dominic has promised me that it was all an unfortunate accident, the man that shot Jungkook is someone that disappeared a few weeks ago, he was assumed dead since he has a serious drug problem. I'm coming up tomorrow to address the situation personally and Dominic has insisted we all join him for dinner next week to ensure our agreement still stands and as a measure of good faith"

"Okay, I'll let everyone know"

I was relieved to hear this news, my uncle and Dominic have been in business together for a long time and both of them have been doing more than well because of it. I would hate for bad blood to develop between the two organizations.

"So what happens now?"

"Apparently that guy was a junkie that used to work for Dominic, he went missing a few weeks back and they assumed he was dead from an overdose or something similar. Guess he remembered today's exchange and showed up, probably to try and steal the drugs. Jin is coming up tomorrow to meet with Dominic who insisted we come to a dinner party next week"

"Well that's good to know, Jungkook will be pissed about not getting the guy himself though"

"Yeah but he'll get over it" I rubbed my temples feeling tired already know I would be sleeping at all tonight

"Have you heard from Yoongi and Namjoon yet? He asked shifted his weight against the door frame

"Not yet" he nodded

"I'm going to check on Jungkook then I'm turning in, try to get some rest Taehyung"

After Hoseok left I sat in my office for a little while longer thinking. I felt relief in knowing Dominic didn't intentionally attack but I wasn't completely satisfied with the explanation. I decided to leave it alone for now but I'd have Hoseok and Namjoon look more into it later, my gut was telling me something still wasn't right.

"Hello" I answered my cell quickly recognizing Yoongi's number

"They're okay, I'm pretty sure they're in bed. No movement in the house and the lights are off"

"Good, check everything out then come back to the house"

"Got it"

After the call I felt my chest loosen up, I had to find a way to talk to her and explain. I hadn't known her for 48 hours but I had the strong urge to want to be near her and get to know her. Dumpling is a rare commodity in my world and I honestly shouldn't be pursuing her for her own safety but I could protect her.

I picked up a piece of paper that had a picture on it, If I had to guess I'd say it was from her teen years. She looked the same just a little younger than she does now.

"Dumpling you've been adorable your entire life" I smiled rubbing it with my thumb. I yawned feeling tired so I dragged myself to bed after checking on Jungkook who was still out cold from the medicine Jimin gave him.

I heard Namjoon and Yoongi climbing the stairs talking then a knock at my door

"Come in"

"Everything was fine, both girls are safe. I don't think we need to worry about anything coming towards them but I'll check on them periodically. Hopefully Kita will answer my calls soon"

"Thank you guys"

"No problem Taehyung" Namjoon said before closing the door behind him and Yoongi

Even though it felt better knowing Zuri and Kita were safe I couldn't sleep and I wanted to so bad instead I spent the night tossing and turning. I don't know why I was able to sleep with her next to me but I was and I needed her back here rubbing my scalp and back as I nestled in her pillow-like breast and cuddled her soft, warm body. I needed my Dumpling.