Ch. 9 - Trouble On Legs

Começar do início

Instead, however, I briefly closed my eyes and exhaled deeply to refocus myself.

"Come here..." I said softly.

Licking her lips, Natasha did not hesitate to do as she was told and slowly walked towards me.

She stopped on the other side of the coffee table and bent forward to rest her glass next to mine. Even at this angle I could not see what she was wearing underneath and I found myself desperately wanting to view the outfit in person. However, I had to get something out of the way first.

"Is that why you came with the robe closed tonight? Because you thought you didn't look good?" I asked, my eyes lifting from her body to her face.

She did not reply, but simply nodded her head and twisted her fingers.

"Take the robe off..."

"What?" Natasha gasped, her eyebrows arching.

Leaning back, I widened my legs and spread my arms out along the headrest of the sofa. The movement caused my pyjama top to completely expose the front of my chest. Taking another deep breath, my fingers gripped each side of the sofa, willing my body to remain seated.

I looked up at her knowing that what I had just asked her to do was a bad idea. But fuck it, I had already come this far so I might as well dive into the fire, if only for a moment.

"You heard me, Natasha, don't make me repeat myself..."

My eyes never left hers as her hands fumbled to pull at the lapels of her black robe. Noticing how jumpy she seemed to be standing in front of me, I could not help but enquire.

"Why are you nervous, it's just me."

It was then that her fingers paused, the front of the robe opening, giving me a small glimpse of the beautiful black bustier she wore underneath.

"Exactly..."

With just one word, I felt as though she had slapped me across the face. I tried to hide the grimace her response had caused, but I was clearly not fast enough as she spoke once more, seeming to want to explain her answer.

"I care about your opinion, Sergey," Natasha whispered.

Damn, I really was the reason that she left her robe closed tonight, I thought to myself. It became clear to me that by not replying to her message, she had assumed that I did not think that she looked good.

Frowning slightly, I cursed myself for making her feel insecure and I quickly got up and walked around the coffee table to stand in front of her.

My fingers itched to touch her, but Natasha's sudden question made me halt my movements.

"Had fun in the last night or so?"

I was about to ask her what she meant when I noticed where her eyes were focused.

All of her attention was suddenly fixated on the large hickey that Aleksandr had left on my neck. Perhaps I was imagining things, but I could have sworn that I saw something like possessiveness flickering in Natasha's beautiful eyes.

No, the look that she was giving me was not that of a jealous woman, but of one who wanted to put her own mark on me. Or at least I was ninety-five percent certain.

Unsure of how to reply, I decided to go with the best answer, the truth.

"I did."

She sighed, then said in a voice so soft that I did not think that she meant for me to hear, "Lucky woman..."

If only she knew, I thought to myself.

It was as though Natasha realised that she spoke out loud, for she visibly shook her head and sputtered, "Forgive me, it's none of my business who you sleep with."