Merely a Freak Accident

After I got home, I went to my room, changed into some pajamas, grabbed my laptop hunkered down in my bed, and edited the guy's video. I started around 4 something. I would occasionally mess around and get sidetracked but I eventually finished it.

I yawned and rubbed my tired eyes. I looked at my phone and it read  1:00 a.m. "We'll, this is what I get for getting sidetracked constantly." I told myself. I looked at my laptop again and uploaded the video. After I did that, I texted Michael. Uploaded the video/we'll do more band stuff tm, I'm tired gn.

Of course there was no answer, dude cherished his sleep. I then decided to text the rest of them saying the same thing. The last person being Luke. I sent the message and started putting my phone on my nightstand when it buzzed. I looked at the screen.

A text from Luke: cool y r u still up

I decided to text him back. I could ask the same thing, Editing remember, now it's 1:14. Sleep. I answered. Within no time he answered.

Ah, i was writing, and I thought we could stay up and talk.

I just wanted sleep, but if I wasn't currently sleep deprived I'd stay up and talk with Luke. I'm sorry Lucky, tomorrow, I need sleep. We'll talk to tomorrow.

He answered back as my eyelids dropped closed more. Lucky? Why is my name Lucky?

Because I told you the other day that your either bad luck or good luck, so your lucky,  weather it's bad or not, luck is luck.

Oh, okay, we'll then, Sunshine, I'll see you tomorrow.

I stared at the phone. Why sunshine?

Why sunshine?  He responded instantly.

Your smile :-) I didn't bother sending a message back but I couldn't help myself from smiling at why he called me sunshine. Luke and I merely friends, that's it.

I cannot handle a fucking relationship right now.....but then again, he's Luke.

I woke up and looked at my phone, it was 12 in the afternoon. I sat up, rubbed my eyes, and yawned. I lazily got out of bed and walked to the bathroom. I threw my hair up into a messy bun and walked back into my bedroom.

I got out a pair of sweatpants and put them on, as I was doing so, my phone buzzed. I looked at it and sighed. It was a text from Luke. Wat time u want to hang out. I answered him back. I dunno, it doesn't matter.

Luke didn't answer me back, but he read the message I sent. I sat my phone down and stared at myself in the mirror. As I was staring at my self I noticed all the blank spaces on my arms. 'I really need to get more tattoos' I thought to myself.

Since mom wasn't home, I had the house to myself. I wasn't going anywhere yet, that was if Luke still wanted hang out. Instead of waiting for him to answer or never answer me, I decided I could get a good writing session going.

I grabbed my journal, my acoustic guitar, my black electric one, and walked down the stairs and into the living room. I made myself comfortable on the couch and began to flip through pages of my journal.

I didn't know what direction this song was gunna go in and I guess it didn't really matter as long as it sounded good in the end. As I was flipping through my notebook, a lyric idea popped up in my mind out of nowhere, so I wrote it down.

I don't know where I'm going and I guess it doesn't matter, as long as it turns out good in the end.

And that was true. I've lived in almost every U.S. state, and now living in the U.K. I sorta realized it doesn't matter where I go, it matters what I do. I grabbed my acoustic guitar and began writing the instrumental of the song.

The beginning would be acoustic and then I'd switch to electric. As I played the acoustic, I came up with more lyrics. When I eventually switched to electric I almost had a full song. I stood up and put the guitar strap over my head and plugging in my guitar to my amp.

I began with simple punk rock riffs and shit like that when I decided to throw in a heavy guitar solo. I was in the middle of jumping around and jamming out, I was unaware that the front door had opened. I finished the guitar riff and the guitar died down, I then heard cursing.

"Holy Fucking Shit." I looked up to see a very shocked Luke. I laughed. "Do you always come into peoples houses without knocking?" He walked towards me. "I did knock, but you didn't answer, I heard the guitar and I thought you where listening to fucking music, not playing it, your fucking amazing." He exclaimed.

I laughed again. "Well thanks, I'm going to go get dressed then we can leave." He said okay and I went to my room. I entered my room and shut the door behind me. I decided on wearing a pair of shorts and the band shirt I stole from Michael when Luke and I pranked him.

I put on my converse and brushed my hair. I opened my door and went back downstairs. "So what are we doing today." I asked Luke as he sat in the couch admiring my guitars. "I don't know, wherever, but we gotta go to my house later, we have band stuff." He said.

"Okay, then let's go." He followed out the house and I locked the door. We began walking down the street.  "When school starts, what school will you be going to?" He asked. I looked at him. "The one that's kinda in the middle of everything." I stated he smiled and bit his lip ring. "Cool, that's where the guys and I go." He said.

"At least I'll have you four dorks." I laughed. We were walking for awhile. I pulled out a cigarette and lit it. "You know, I believe people can do anything if they out their minds to it, but it's hard because I don't believe in myself." I admitted.

He looked at me as we walked. "What do you mean?" He asked. I shrugged, handing him the cigarette. "I mean I think other people can do what they do, like I believe they can follow their dreams if they chase them and believe in themselves, I'm having trouble believing in myself and chasing my own dreams." I said.

I didn't really expect the conversation to get this deep. We walked to a park and sat down on the swings. "Hey, you can do whatever the fuck you want in life as long as it makes you happy, as long as it makes you happy, you have everything to believe in and every dream to chase." Luke told me as he handed me the cigarette back.

I smiled. "Yeah, but I want to make music, I want to be fucking seen, but I don't know how to do that, I'm just one person." I said. "Hey, you can do anything, hell you helped 5 Seconds of Summer actually get out there." I smiled. "True, I guess this is just something that's gunna have to take some time." I stated.

The conversation then died out into a comfortable silence. I looked over at Luke. "So tell me about yourself." I said. He looked at me and smiled. "My favorite colour is blue." He stated. I looked at him. "That's it, all I wanted to do was get to know you?" I said jokingly. "Hey let's make a deal, a fact a day from each of us." He said moving his in front of mine as I did the same. "Fine then, my favorite color is red." I stated.

What happened next was definitely.....something. After I told Luke my favorite color, we kissed. I moved my head closer to his and he moved his head closer to mine and then wham. Lips lock city. I was the first to pull away. He looked at my eyes and I looked a his.

"Uhm, we should go meet the guys." I stated getting up and walking out of the park with Luke behind me. We were walking in an awkward silence. "Can we at least talk about this?" Luke stated from beside me. I chuckled a stupid chuckle that meant I didn't want to talk about this.

"Luke, I don't want to fucking talk about it, it was just a kiss, people kiss all the time, it was merely a freak accident, end of discussion." I stated. Luke huffed from beside me and he looked kind of pissed off. "Whatever." I sighed. "Don't tell the boys, they'll flip."

Luke and I continued walking in silence until we were at his house.

As we walked in I couldn't think. I kissed Luke and he kissed me and wasn't even bad, but we hated each other and we were trying to become friends, and then this happens. I have a feeling we'll be back to hating each other soon.......and that sucks.