Meeting Evelyn

When all of us entered my house they looked at me. "Woah." Michael said. "Mike, it's just a house." I stated. After I said that Calum spoke up. "Honestly this place would be perfect for party's." I chuckled at his comment.

The other two staying quite. "Evelyn?" I called out. After I did I saw a head covered in flour poke out of the kitchen door. "Hey Vi, give me a minute to get cleaned up before I meet your friends." She stated. "Okay mom." I said as she walked away.

"Let's go see what she's made in the kitchen." I stated as I walked further into the house with the guys behind me. When we entered the kitchen there was a bunch of stuff spread out on the counters and the island. "Jesus Christ." Michael stated as he started to reach for something.

I swatted his hand away. "Trust me when I say this, she will kill you, usually when she does this, there's a banquet happening at the place she works and her boss wants everything done the day before." I stated.

Michael frowned. "You call your mum Evelyn?" Ashton asked. I laughed. "Yeah." I shrugged.

As I said that mom came back into the kitchen. "Okay Violet, I'm ready to meet the people who may or may not be worthy of being your friends." She joked. The guys lined up in a line starting with Michael and ending with Luke.

"Evelyn, this Michael, Michael, Evelyn." I stated. "Jesus fucking Christ I haven't seen you and ages!" My mom exclaimed as she gave Mike a hug.

I then stood next to Calum. "Calum, Evelyn, Evelyn Calum." I stated. "Nice to meet you." Calum explained, holding out his hand. My mom shook it. "Call me Evelyn." She smiled.

I then stood next to Ashton. "Mom this is Ashton, Ashton, this is my mom." Ashton smiled "Hi, nice to meet you." My mom smiled back and said the same thing.

Now onto Luke. "Okay, mom, this is Luke, Luke this is Evelyn." I stated not really wanting to introduce them. "Hello Luke." Mom stated in weird voice I've never heard her use before, it's like she resented him or something.

Everyone know knew everyone. "Will you be home for dinner mom?" I asked. She turned towards me. "The rest of the day I'm cooking for the banquet at work tomorrow, but you guys can order pizza or something because I have to take everything to work tonight and cook more there." She stated.

I nodded and led the boys upstairs to my room. My room was fairly big, it had a bathroom and walk in closet but was still the size an average bedroom should be. On the walls were a few band posters of The Cure and some other bands along with a few of my guitars.

As soon as we got into my room the boys wondered around. Calum enjoying the cozy environment I made on the balcony, Ashton examining the way the room was arranged, Michael looking intensely at my electric black Gibson guitar that hung next to my all white one beside it.

Luke was of course surveying the pictures on my walls. Michael came and sat next to me on my bed. Eying my worn out leather back journal that had every song idea I had and everything I felt or experienced. "What's this?" He asked taking it in his hands.

I quickly grabbed it away from him. It wasn't a diary, well I mean it kind of was but that sounded cliché so let's go with journal or some shit. "This is my journal, it's got some songs and stuff in it." I shrugged. Ashton sat down on the floor in front of Mikey and I.

"Hey, maybe when 5 Seconds of Summer makes it big you could help write some of our songs!" He exclaimed. I chuckled. "I never really write songs for the world to hear, I know I'm shit anyway."

Luke spoke up. "You literally have a great fucking voice Violet, and the song I heard you singing the other night was good." He stated. I shrugged. "Yeah okay. I'm bored what do you guys want to do?" I asked.

"I have no clue." Calum said from spinning in my desk chair. I sat there for a bit until I got an idea. "Do you guys have any socials for the band?" I asked. They all shook their heads no. "Calum, give me my laptop." I stated as I sat crisscross on the bed.

When he gave my laptop I opened it. "Okay, guys, if you want a following, fans, and 5sos to become big,  then I suggest we start with getting the band some socials." I stated, opening Instagram. I opened my journal and flipped to a new page. At the top I wrote:

Mission 5 Seconds of  Summer

Underneath that I wrote a username for them to use for the bands account. Along with a password. I made the account on Instagram. "Guys, I made you an Instagram. The accounts user is 5 Seconds of Summer, I suggest y'all follow it and save the password to it in your phones while I work on making you all a logo." I stated, exiting out of Instagram and going into a program to make a logo.

I was in the middle of drawing a possible logo for the guys when one of them spoke up. "Violet, why are you helping us so much?" Ashton asked. I stopped drawing and looked at him. "I can tell you guys are serious about making music and want it to be heard, even if I myself isn't going to fucking make it in the world for my shitty songs and shitty singing, then I might as well help my friends be something in the world." I stated.

"Thank you Violet." Ashton smiled. I smiled back. "Your welcome." Eventually I had a logo drawn. "Alrighty guys, tell me what you think." I stated as I turned what I drew around. They all looked at it. "Whoa, that's fucking cool!" Michael explained.

"Well, thanks, but this is your guy's." I stated. The logo was simple. I drew a circle and inside the circle was a tally mark of five, above the circle was the name, 5 Seconds of Summer. The boys all looked astonished. I scanned the logo I drew and my computer digitalized it. I then made it the profile picture on their Instagram.

"You guys now have an official Instagram." I stated. They looked at me. "So what's next?" Calum asked. "What's next is making a YouTube channel, my friends." Not even knowing that I was referring to Luke as well when I said friends.

Eventually the boys had socials for the band. They had an Instagram, a YouTube, and Twitter. Eventually the boys all got out notebooks and started writing songs. Asking me for help.