Nightly Ballads and a Boy called Luke

"You've really moved that many times?" Michael asked me, shoving another piece of pizza in his mouth. "Yepp, something happened with my mom and my dad right before we moved 13 years ago, it was bad, I don't exactly know what happened but I do remember the screaming and shit so now we move constantly." I stated, talking another bite.

Michael looked at me with sympathy. I shook it off, not really liking when people were "sympathetic" or gave me pitty that I didn't want. I changed the subject. "So your in a band now?" I asked him. He smiled. "Bro, if you'd even call it that, the drummer, is fucking addicted to chocolate milk, acts like a fucking mum to the rest of us, and he thinks tadpoles are fucking baby turtles." He stated. I looked at him. "That's not so bad, at least he's not a fucking serial killer." I stated.

Michael laughed, "It gets worse, the bassist is always carrying around a fake dog that we named Ketchup, he's always shipping different members of the band with himself, and will literally get nude anywhere." He stated. "How old are these guys?" I asked him. "They're around the same fucking age as us." He stated. "Oh, yeah then that's bad." I laughed.

"But then there's the lead singer, he's always late to band practice, either getting laid or getting new tattoos, and he thinks having a lip ring, is what makes up his personality." He said.

"Oh, we'll are you guys any good?" I asked, putting some money on the table. "I mean I think we are." He stated. "I want to see you guys play." I stated.

Micheal stood up, me along with him, before we left he grabbed the remaining slice of pizza off the tray and we walked out. "Okay, yeah I'll ask the rest of them." He said, eating the remaining parts of the pizza.

Eventually we stopped in front of my house. "Violet, you literally live across the street from one of them." Michael said, pointing to the house across the street. I looked at it with him and sighed. "Which one of the looney tunes lives over there?" I asked. "Luke, he's the one I told you about, the lead singer."

I looked at him, "Well is he nice?" I questioned. Michael looked at me, "Yeah, just don't piss him off." He stated. Before Michael left we traded phones and put each other's numbers in them. I said my goodbyes and watched him walk across the street to Luke's house, whom I have never met.

I opened the door and stepped inside, my mom trying out a new recipe in the kitchen. "Mom, your never gunna guess who I ran into on my walk." I stated literally. "Who?" She said looking up. "My best friend Michael." I smiled. She smiled back. "See what I told you, that's good!" She said. "He's in band now, and he said I could see them play." I stated. "I love seeing you happy." She smiled. I smiled back.

I walked upstairs and to my room. Kicking off my converse, I grabbed my journal and decided to sit outside on my balcony to write. I walked out onto it, realizing that it faced Luke's house. I sat there and wrote, trying to write a song or a story that at least sounded relatively okay. I decided it would go smoother if I had my acoustic guitar. I grabbed it from the corner of my room and walked back out to the balcony.

I strummed the strings a little to see if I could get a good melody for a song. I had one good one and began to write, strumming more chords as I went. I finished the song and decided to sing it along with the guitar. My singing and playing going into the night air.

I wish that you could erase me
And every little lie you told me
I wish that I could wake up
And have all this just be a stupid dream.
I wish you could forget me
Like you do all those nights that your out with your friends
Pretending that I don't exist
While I'm at home trying to make ends meet
And you'd probably with her dancing on your feet
I really wish you could erase me
And every time you told me that you loved me
I wish I could wake up
And have all of this just be a stupid dream
I want you to forget me
I want you to erase me from your memories
Like I know you already do
Erase me

When I was done singing I got the shit scared out of me, someone was clapping and cheering lightly. I got up and looked down over the balcony railing, a dude who wore all black, with tattoos, a lip ring, and perfect blonde hair was looking up at me. "You literally just gave me a fucking heart attack." I stated at the boy.

He looked at me. "Sorry, I didn't mean to, I went to go take the trash out and I heard you, you have a nice voice." He stated. "I-well thanks." I said with a nervous smile. "What song was that?" He asked, as I sat my guitar down. "An original, it's like a newborn." I nervous laughed. The boy smiled, biting on his lip ring. "That's cool, I'm Luke by the way, I'm in a band." He said. Of course I already knew that.

"That's cool, I'm pretty sure Mikey told me about you." I said. He looked at me. "You know Michael?" He asked. I laughed "I've known that fucking dork since I was 2. I kinda taught him how to play guitar."

Luke looked at me, "That's rad, so do you like have a name?" He smiled. "Oh shit, sorry, hi, my name is Violet." I stated. He laughed, "Hello Violet, so will I be hearing anymore late night ballads from you? He smirked. I got serious with a hint of goofy-ness. "That depends on whether my heart decides to break again, I decide to die, and if you just so happen to take the trash out when I do hold my little ballad sessions."

"Jesus, that was dark, very Lydia Deets of you." He laughed. "It wasn't that dark, and Lydia Deets is a fucking saint." I laughed." He smiled, unknowingly biting his lip ring again, "I should get inside my mum will worry, I'll see you sometime I guess." He stated walking back across the street. "Night Luke." I called out. "Night, Deets." He answered just before going into his house and shutting the door. I just met this dude and he already had a nickname for me.

I'm not gunna lie, Luke looked good, but for some reason there was a part of me that just didn't like him and I don't know why, he was nice to me, even complimented my singing and my song.

I grabbed my stuff and shut the balcony door. I changed into my pjs and went to sleep.

(A:N the song Violet is singing is a song I wrote and will hopefully be a song that my band will be able to make amazing. I hope you enjoy this chapter. Happy reading :).    )