Hemlines and not Knocking

When I woke up I looked around cautiously, not remembering where I was. I then remembered I was at Michael's thanks to a half-assed mental breakdown. I tried sitting up but failed. That's when I noticed the arm draped over my torso carelessly. I looked to the right of me and saw Luke.

I didn't want to be here at the moment. I hated this guy for Christ sake. I shoved his arm off of me, making him groan. He then put his arm back. I looked at him. "Luke I will fucking stab you." I stated shoving his arm off me again. He smiled. "You said that three times since I've met you, if you were going to you already would've done it." He said.

I'm not going to lie, Luke's morning voice was not the worst thing in the world. I rolled my eyes and sat up. On the other couch was Ashton and Calum. Calum's head was on Ashton's shoulder and his head was on Calum's. I took out my phone and took a picture, posting it to Twitter with the #cashton.

I don't even think anyone knows of 5 Seconds of Summer yet, I'll help with that, the boys seem like they care a lot about the band. I then looked over to the chair and found Michael, sleeping upside down. I wonder how he achieved that. I stretched and yawned.

I got up and walked to the kitchen. When I reached the kitchen I got a glass and poured myself a glass of water. I had to take my medicine. I grabbed my phone and looked at it. I had a bunch of missed calls from my mom. I called her back.

Mommmm- Jesus Vi, at least I know your fucking alive, where'd you stay out last night?

Violet- Michael's, I came home last night but then I checked the mail and got a letter from dickhead and had a mental breakdown, I needed my best friend so I went to his house.

Mommmm- I'm sorry, I'm glad you have friends.

Violet- the only people who are my friends are Mikey, Calum, and Ashton. Luke can go fuck himself for all I care.

Mommmm- have fun weirdo.

And with that she hung up. I placed my phone on the counter and took out my meds just as Luke was walking in. "I swear to god I heard my name." He stated sitting down across from where I stood. I laughed. "I was just telling my mom that you could go fuck yourself for all I care." I stated opening my medicine.

"Ouch, why would I do that when you exist?" He smirked. I glared at him and his smirk faded.  He looked at the pill bottle and then to me. "So what are those for exactly?" He asked. "For my migraines." I stated taking one and putting the bottle back in my pocket. "I feel like reeking some havoc." I stated with a smirk and mischief in my eyes. Luke looking back with the same look.

I turned around and opened the cabinets in Michael's kitchen. I stood on my tiptoes and grabbed the flour. "What do you have in mind?" Luke asked walking towards me. I smiled. "You'll see....whatever the fuck your last name is." I said walking down the hall and into Michael's room.

Luke following. "Last name is Hemmings." He stated. I turned and looked at him. "As in fucking hemline." I laughed. "Dude, I just got a new name for you, Hemmings-hemline." I stated walking into Michael's room. On the floor where a few water guns. "Bingo." I stated smiling. I grabbed two of them and handed one to Luke. "Follow me Hemline." I laughed and surprisingly he did so.

I sat my water gun on the kitchen counter and grabbed the flour. "I usually work alone Luke, but I'm too short to reach the fucking ceiling fan so could I like maybe sit on your shoulders?" I asked. He looked at me. "Yeah, okay." He smirked. I then stood on the counter and Luke stood in front of me, his back facing me. I climbed on to his shoulders and sat there, him wrapping his hands around my calves so I wouldn't fall.

He walked into the living room, Calum was already awake so we just told him to be quiet, he agreed and took out his phone, saying something about laughing at this one day. Luke stood by the ceiling fan and I poured the flour onto the top of the blades on it.

Once I was satisfied, Calum came back and started spraying Ashton and Michael with the water guns. They woke up and yelled. "What the actual fuck." Michael stated getting up. I laughed, making Ashton and Michael stare at me and Luke. "Since when are you two a fucking team?" Michael asked looking at me on Luke's shoulders. I laughed. "I usually work alone, but Hemline here wanted to participate in these shenanigans."

Ashton giggled. "Hemline, mate your name is hemline!" After he said that I pulled the chain and the flour went all over Ashton, Michael, Luke and I, I didn't really think this through. I looked at Calum who was still recording, all of us bursting out laughing. "Violet, you and Luke make a good team, your basically the same fucking person." Calum stated.

Luke grabbed under my arms and let me off his shoulders. "Never fucking say that again." I stated.

After Michael was done showering, I took one in the bathroom attached to Mikey's bedroom. He told me he would lend me some clothes that were indeed flour free. As I was in the shower I thought of a good lyric that would make a good song, so I whispered it over and over again until I could write it down.

When I got out of the shower, I wrapped myself up in a towel and peeked around the door frame to make sure I could change in peace. On the corner of Michael's bed was an old cut off shirt of the Foo Fighters, and a pair of skinny jeans that probably wouldn't fit me. It's the thought that counts.

I took off the towel and put my underwear garments back on. Just as I was lifting the Foo Fighters shirt over my head when the door opened and I froze. I dropped the shirt and looked at who opened the door. It was of course Luke. And of course he was staring.

"Jesus Luke, fucking knock!" I stated putting my hands on my hips. I wasn't really that self conscious unless someone gave me a reason to be. I stood there with my hands on my hips and a glare on my face as I watched Luke's crystal blue eyes scan my body.

"You didn't tell me you had a tattoo, Violet." Luke smirked. I looked down at my thigh and saw the rose tattoo I got on my 15th birthday after I practically begged my mom for it.

I sighed and grabbed the shirt from the floor and put it on over my head. "It wasn't something that needed to be shared, Hemline, and it's not a big deal, plenty of people have tattoos, like yourself." I stated in an annoyed tone.

"Well I just didn't think you'd have one." He stated, now leaning on the doorframe as I put the jeans on. I grabbed my phone and turned towards the door. Luke still standing there. "Move." I stated. Luke didn't listen, he still stood there and bit his lip ring.

"When did you get it and then I'll let you out." He smirked. I sighed. "I got it when on my 15th birthday, now let me through." I stated, getting pissed. After I told him I got it when I was like a newborn 15 year old his eyebrows knitted together and he let me pass.

I wanted to kill Luke because he didn't knock or go away but a tiny piece of me was glad he didn't and I don't know why.

His blue eyes filling with the same look he always gives me. One that I want to figure out and I hate myself for.