A weird way to re-meet

"Do we really have to move all the way to Sydney from Ohio?" I asked my mom, taking one of my earbuds out and looking at her. She glanced at me for a second, trying to keep her eyes on the road.

"Listen hun, I wouldn't of packed up all of our stuff or pulled you out of school if I didn't have to. Remember why I told you we had to move anyway?" She said.

"Yeah, if we stay in one place for too long someone will say something and the past catches up." I stated, re-sighting the words she told me over and over again every-time we moved.

"Exactly, anyway, aren't you exited to see GiGi?" She asked me referring to my grandmother. I don't remember a thing about her. Mom moved to America 4 years after she had me.

"I guess." I stated. Looking out the window with a sigh. Mom poked my arm, making me look at her. "What about that Michael kid you hung out with all the time when you were younger." My mom stated, trying to lighten the mood. It's hard to lighten the mood when this is like the 30th time your moving.

I still stared out the window, "I doubt he'll even remember me, if he even still lives there anyway, I haven't seen him 13 years." I stated.

My mom spoke to me, still having her eyes on the road. "You never now Vi." She stated. I looked at her. "Yeah, how come you didn't just Uber to the airport?" I questioned turning away from her as the airport came into my vision.

"There's this person who wants to buy the car from us, they're meeting us at the airport." She stated.

Mom was the queen of making deals and making ends meet, even in close quarters, getting rid of anything from our past lives as quick as someone could blink. "Okay." I stated. When mom parked the car, I got out, grabbing my bags and handing the other ones to her. A guy in like his 30's walked up to the car, my mom said something about mileage and how old the car was, and with that, the dude gave mom a wad of cash and my mom gave him the title. Another thing in our life gone in the wind and probably never to be seen again.

After the dude bought our car we walked into the airport, went through TSA and boarded the plane to Australia. It was a long flight, I mostly read, listened to music, slept, or wrote.

When the plane landed there were of course a few of those just over all weird individuals who thought it was necessary to clap when a plane landed, making me cringe internally. Mom and I got off the plane, my mom spotting GiGi instantly. 

"Hey mom." My mom stated, greeting her. "Hello Evelyn." GiGi said referring to my mom. She then turned her attention to me "Hello Violet, my how you have grown." She stated. "Hi GiGi." I smiled.

We got into her car and she drove us to our new house, where the movers we hired were. GiGi said goodbye and promised we'd catch up eventually, she only lived a block away. Mom opened the door to our house, letting me pick my room.

I picked a room upstairs that had a lot of space but not too much space and a balcony. Mom and I didn't really have a lot of stuff so unpacking wasn't that hard. Mom was a chef, she chose that profession so she could move around a lot.

She had me when she was 16. My father promising her the world but then leaving her for another girl. Fuck him though, we got this far in life without him.

"Hey mom?" I asked as I came down the stairs, my black converse making loud noises on the way down. She was in the living room, organizing all the books and stuff we kept in there. "Yeah Vi?" She asked.

"I'm going on a walk, so I get a feel for the neighborhood, I don't feel like getting lost." I stated. She smiled at me, "Okay, but if you do get lost, call GiGi or me." She stated. I walked out of the door, Sydney was hot, it was June 12, I wore a pair of black high top sneakers, a pair of black shorts that stopped just above my knees, a band tee, and a red flannel. I pulled out my earbuds and my phone, putting my earbuds in and turning on American Idiot by GreenDay with the volume all the way up, shoving my phone into my back pocket.

I was in the zone jamming out and air drumming when I ran into something, falling on my ass, hoping my phone didn't brake. I looked up to see a dude with red spikey hair, ripped skinny jeans, an Ozzy Osbourne shirt on, and combat boots. I took one earbud out, not bothering to pause the music. "Jesus fucking fuck." I said getting up and wiping my scraped hands on my shorts.

The dude scratched the back of his head. "Shit-erm- I-I'm sorry." He stated. I looked at him, he looked vaguely familiar. "It's okay just next time, watch where the fuck your going." I nervous laughed. The boy spoke again. "Yeah, my bad, I-uh- I'm Michael by the way." He stated holding out his hand for me to shake. I took it and introduced myself. "Hi I'm Violet." When I said my name his eyes got wide.

"Vi!?" He said shocked and excited. I looked at him. He said his name was Michael. "Michael!" I screamed with a smile. He smiled back. "WAIT, to make sure it's you, what's your full name?" He asked. "Violet Anne Dextra." I said. He smiled.

"My favorite food?" He questioned. "Fucking Pizza." I answered. "HOLY SHIT VIOLET ITS REALLY YOU!" He exclaimed. "Jesus Mikey, your making people look at us." I said giving him a side hug.

"I don't give a shit, I've got my best friend back." He stated, I laughed, "How about we go get some pizza and catch each other up on what the fuck has happened in our lives during 13 years." I offered. "Hell yeah." Michael stated. We walked down the sidewalk, me casually giving him one of my earbuds, us jamming out all the way to get pizza.

Oh how I missed this red haired weirdo, best friend of mine.

(A:N I hope you enjoy this story, if it sucks im sorry, it is what it is, happy reading :).   )