Only If Cigarettes Made Friendships

As Luke lead me to the Tattoo shop he held the door open for me. "I haven't been in one of these in awhile." I stated, looking around. Luke stood next to me. "Since you where 15?" He questioned.

I turned to face him and laughed. "More like since my 16th birthday." I stated. When I said that it caught Luke's interest and his eyes lit up in sort of a shocked look. "You mean you've got more besides the rose?" He smirked. I laughed.

"Yeah, but those are for me and me only." I stated walking up to the front desk. The lady behind it asked me what I wanted and I wrote it down on a piece of paper she gave me and I handed it back. "Okay follow me." She stated.

I followed her and sat down in the tattoo chair. "Where do you want it?" The lady who was tattooing me asked. "On the side of my wrist." I smiled. I did what she told me to do and she was about to start the tattoo. "This is gunna hurt, so like, hold your boyfriends hand or something." She joked.

I laughed. "This isn't my first rodeo, and he's not my boyfriend, we're not even fucking friends." She looked at Luke and then back to me. "Well then I stand corrected." She stated. Before I knew it the tattoo gun was on my skin.

I'm not gunna lie, it hurt but I was used to it, I always tell myself that you can get used to it, I mean after it's happened more than once, you can choose to let it bother you, or just let it go. I'm not saying I don't feel pain, I do, everyone does, but after awhile it's like a bad omen, and you know it's never gunna go away, so you live with it, whether it hurts or not.

After it was done I looked it. "Fucking amazing." I beamed. On the side of my wrist in red ink was the words your supposed to be happy. She wrapped it and we walked to the front and I paid. "I'll most definitely be back." I stated.

When we got outside Luke turned to face me. "How did you not cry?" He asked. I looked at him. "You kinda just get use to it after awhile." I shrugged. He looked down at me, given the fact I'm like 5'5. Did you cry when you got your first one?" He asked.

I thought. "No, I don't think so." I stated. He laughed. "I fucking doubt that." He said,walking beside me. "Honestly, I don't think I did, what about you though, did you cry when you got your first tattoo?" I questioned, taking out another cigarette.

He sighed. "Don't fucking laugh but yeah, I did." He stated. I lit the cigarette and brought it to my mouth. "No way." I laughed. "It wasn't my fault, apparently the forearm is one the more painful spots." He stated , flipping his arm over and pointing at a tattoo that said hold on.

"Your first tattoo was a title of a great song by a great fucking band." I stated, handing him the cigarette. As he took in between his middle and ring finger he chuckled. "Yeah, Good Charlotte fucking rules." As we walked we passed the cigarette back and forth.

"So, do you do anything else besides sing and play guitar?" He asked as he stomped out the cigarette end with his shoe. "Yeah, but like I said about my other tattoos, their for me and me only." I stated. He nodded like he understood.

As we walked I thought about something. Michael told me that Luke was the member of the band who was either always late to band practice getting laid or getting a new tattoo and made having a lip ring his whole personality. I know I just met him and I don't fucking like him, but he doesn't act anything like Michael said.

As we were walking Luke asked me a question. "Where you serious about getting high with Michael and trying other drugs?" He asked in a serious stone. I sighed, "Michael is against that type of shit, and I probably won't do anything heavy, I have enough shit going on as is, and I only get high with my mom because I trust her." I stated.

"Then why'd you say all of that shit?" He asked. "Well you heard our whole argument, I only said that stuff to piss her off, she deserved it, Evelyn was being way out of line." I stated. He chuckled. "If I ever called my mum by her first name she'd kill me." He stated.