58

FEN POV

The whistle blew and we were off. We had to start with suicides. 

"Hussle!" coach yelled, "move your asses!" We continued to run up and down the field. We worked on offense and defense. Coach was working on figuring out the line up. We did some 3v 1 drills, some short yardage drills and finished with some linebacker challenges. 

"Hey good work Fen," Ramon walked up to me and nudged my shoulder, "you're a natural. When'd you say you started playing?" 

"Uh this year," I laughed, "and thanks man, I appreciate you. You're not so bad yourself." 

"Hey me and some of the guys are going out for some food after this," he took off his helmet, "you wanna come?" 

"Uh yeah," I nodded, "for sure man." 

"Cool, just meet us in the parking lot after school," he nodded, "we'll hitch ya a ride. You'll see us out there." 

"Cool," I nodded. He grabbed his bag and started to talk to some of the other guys. I grabbed my water bottle and headed down into the locker room. I started to change into my regular clothes. 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LILLY POV

I walked around the football field taking pictures of the practice for yearbook. 

"Hey Lil," Sonia walked over, "how are yours turning out? I'm having trouble with this camera."

"Here let me see," I held my hand out. She took it off her neck and handed it to me. Sonia is already my bestfriend. I just met her today but when you know, you know. We're both in yearbook, that's how we met but we just clicked right off the bat. 

"WOOOH!" she started to clap, "go Fen!" I snapped my head up at her and started to smile. 

"What?" she asked, "he's hot." 

"That's my brother," I started to laugh. 

She gasped and covered her mouth, "what? Seriously? Oh my god I'm sorry. I-" 

"It's okay," I chuckled, "here. It's fixed." I handed the camera back to her. 

"Thank you," she smiled, "hey who do you have for math?" 

"Mrs. Kershaw," I rolled my eyes, "I've already been hearing that she sucks and she really proved it when I saw her today." 

"Me too!" she exclaimed, "I need help on the homework, it already makes no sense to me." 

"Do you actually need the help?" I chuckled and I watched her cheeks turn red. "I'm just messing with you," I took some more pictures, "you can come over if you want to?"

"Yes!" she squealed, "thank you!" I couldn't help but laugh a bit. We went back to taking pictures and when the practice ended I headed to my locker. My phone vibrated. 

Fen: Hey I'm going out with some of the guys. Tell mom and dad I'm alive.

Lilly: you can text them lol

Fen: will you just let them know. god.

I sighed and put my phone in my back pocket. Sonia walked up and the two of us conversed while we walked back to my house. 

"We're almost there," we walked down the gravel road, "right around this turn aaaand..." 

"Woah," she said as she looked around, "this is where you live? I've heard stories about this place." 

"What stories?" I asked. 

"I mean there's no way it's real," she scoffed, "but stuff about witches and vampires... and werewolves."