54

KIRA POV

We made our way through the woods and when we got close Esme and I shifted into a human form. Justin, Jace and Kai stayed in wolf form, Anna sat on Jaces back. 

"Okay," I whispered, "I don't see anyone right now, I don't smell anyone. Let's just scope everything out, you guys stay here. Esme come with me." Me and her quietly made our way onto the grounds and peaked around a building. I saw a the group of witches and I started to count, 12. 

"We can do this," Esme whispered. The wind blew and she snapped her head to the right, "he's in there. He's in that shed." 

"Are you sure?" I asked, "it could be from in the house." 

"No," she shook her head, "he's in that shed. I know he is." I nodded my head. 

"Okay come on," I whispered, "lets go back. We'll walk in there. There's 5 of us, 12 of them. We're stronger, we can do it." She nodded her head and we rushed back to them. 

"We know where Cyprus is," I nodded, "the witches are gathered down there around the house. We should just go down there. Anna, you stay up here. Okay? Do not come out." She nodded her head and climbed off Jace. The three of them shifted back into humans with me and Esme.. we started to walk down. 

We walked into their line of sight and instantly they held their hands up, creating a barrier in front of them. 

"Stop walking," the woman said, "we have rules here. He's going to tell you about them."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANNA POV

I walked down slowly and peaked my head around. I couldn't hear them very well but I watched one of the other people raise their hand. Suddenly the doors on a shed flew open and that's when I saw him. 

"Cyprus?" I whispered as I gasped and covered my mouth. He was completely just... mangled. His body was bruised yet pale. I could see his ribs and collar bone. There were stab marks... I counted 8 on the front side of him... they weren't healing. I thought they were supposed to heal. "I'm coming," I whispered as I started making my way towards him. I know they said not to move but there's no way I'm leaving him in there. 

As I got closer I was able to make out what he was saying. 

"Yo-you have to he-heal him," he said exhausted. They were making him explain everything? Jesus... he can barely hold his head up. What is wrong with them. "You-you have to," he coughed, "the lives of-of their kids are bound to him." Bound to him? What's that mean? Bound to who?

Oh... this must be about Victor. Esme told me about him... about how he was thrown from a group of his own so he took over the witches who couldn't fight him. 

"I can break it," Aelia called out, "I can break the binding." 

"Why should we trust you?" the witch asked her. I ran around and was able to sneak around to the back of the shed. I pressed my body against it, letting out a deep breath. My heart was racing, I was terrified. 

"Because I can take the magic from it," Aelia started to explain, "I can reverse that spell. We can reverse it. We can do that." Everything was quiet. 

"Follow us," she said, "if you try anything, he's dead. Understood?" I peaked around to watch the group of witches walk into the house with Kira, Esme, Aelia and the others. I turned back and took a deep breathe. 

Go get him, Anna. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CYPRUS POV

Why am I smelling her? Something isn't right... I have to be dying or something. She's not here. Anna isn't here. I don't understand why I'm picking up her scent.