3

ONE WEEK LATER

KIRA POV

"Here ya go!" I tossed a bottle across the room to Esme as she sat on the couch with Cade as he cried. He was screaming bloody murder. Lilly and Fen are upstairs, they've grown awfully fast, about the size of 6 month old. "Do you know where the boys ran off to?" I asked. 

"No," she shook her head as she fed him, "I think they're out hunting though. Possibly. I heard Jace and Justin talking about it earlier but I'm not sure.

"Well," I chuckled, "November is right around the corner, which means Thanksgiving and Christmas. Thought of any plans?"

"NO!" her jaw dropped and she looked at me, "I completely forgot about that. How about a cute little dinner or something? I figured we'd go all out on Thanksgiving but I'm not sure about Christmas this year." 

"Well yeah of course," I laughed while shaking my head, "I don't know what to do about Christmas either, I guess we will just figure it out as we go."

"We can go look in the stores later," she nodded, "I'm down to. It'll be a lot of fun." I nodded and agreed before walking into the living room with her. Lilly and Fen were laying on the ground, rolling around onto their stomachs as they grabbed toys and played with them. "Have you heard anything on the stones?" she questioned. 

"No," I sighed, "no I haven't. The last we heard of it was the day we got Justin back and he told you about it. I've been trying to find it. I've tried to connect with other witches, entire covens but none of them can give me any information." 

"They can't or they don't want to?" she asked. 

"I don't know," I sighed, "all I know is that it's called the Flaming Stone. There are rumors of a moon stone, the Luna stone but I have found nothing on that either."

"What have you looked through?" she asked. 

"All of our grimoires," I shook my head, "I've looked all over the internet, in stories... nothing." 

"Then how are we so sure it exists?" she asked. 

"Because Justin saw it," I nodded, "he watched it kill you. It's real if he saw it and those visions were planted in his head which means someone, somewhere has that stone or atleast knows of its existence. It's real." 

"Can you think of any other places to look?" I asked, "any slight idea where it could be?" 

"Well wherever it is, it's well hidden," I played with Fen and Lilly, "because I have no damn idea." The back door opened and in walked Kai, Jace and Justin. "Hey," I stood up, "where have you guys been?" 

"Just out and about," Justin nodded, "we went and searched the perimeter and then got ourselves a couple of deer. They're in the freezer out there." I walked over and kissed Jace. 

"What was that for?" he chuckled as he pulled away.

"I just needed it," I nodded, "really bad." 

"Is everything okay?" he asked. 

"I don't know," I shook my head, "I've been feeling weird. I don't know how to explain it but there are times where I feel so much pain. Almost like I'm being made to drink wolfsbane. Then last week, the full moon... it felt like I was turning even though I wasn't. It was like my bones were breaking but they weren't. I don't know what's going on." 

"Could it be Fen and Lilly?" he asked, "could it be their power?" 

"I don't think so," I shook my head some more while turning and looking at them, "when I feel their power its rejuvenating, fresh, innocent and pure. This isn't. This was dark, painful." 

"Do you have any ideas?" he questioned, "have you had any visions or-or dreams?" 

"No," I looked down, "I don't, I-I haven't. Atleast... none that I remember." He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tightly. 

"We'll figure it out," he nodded against me, "I promise." I nodded and looked back at the others. Rowan walked downstairs to greet Kai and then we all hung out downstairs for a bit.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ROWAN POV

After a while me and Kai headed upstairs. We had eaten dinner already and with the moon coming up and the sun setting, we decided to just relax the rest of the night. Kai went in and showered as I turned on the TV. I scrolled through until I found a movie and turned it on. I then slowly snuck into the bathroom and slowly took off my clothes. I walked to the curtain and pushed it back. 

"I'm sorry," I started to laugh once he jumped. He started to laugh with me as he pressed his lips harshly against mine.

"I love you," he nodded. 

"I love you too," I slowly pulled back and looked at him, "what's wrong? What's going on?" 

"I feel something coming," he looked at me. I could see a fear in his eyes, "I don't know what it is but there is something coming."

"It'll be okay," I set my hand on his cheek, "we'll be okay."

"Rowan you have to get out of here," he shook his head, "you're not safe here." 

"This is actually the safest place I can be," I smiled, "I'm not running and I'm not leaving your side. I'm not." He looked at me for a few more seconds and I kissed him again. His heart was racing, his breathing was quick and shallow. "Everything will be okay," I hugged him, "I promise." I wonder what's happening... what he feels.

"Promise me that whatever happens," he pulled back and looked at me, "you will hide. You won't try to be the hero. Please." I mean... I get it, but what if I want to be the hero? I will try to help him at all times if I'm able. I won't let him get hurt if I can stop it. 

"Okay," I nodded, "I will hide if hell breaks loose." He nodded his head and I grabbed the shampoo. "Relax love," I smirked, "it'll be okay." I dropped some in my hand and lathered it into his hair. He closed his eyes and leaned against the wall as I rubbed his head. The soap suds dripped down his skin and I slowly tilted his head back to let it rinse out. I did the same with the conditioner, massaging the sides of his head. 

"Why have you stayed?" he asked slowly, "why didn't you run when you found out what I was." 

"Well to be honest at first I didn't believe you," I shook my head, "I thought 'this can't possibly be real. That's why he's in here' but then with time, I heard things. I heard sounds from you that I knew no human would make, heard the guards screaming at you and calling you the very thing you told me you were. It did scare me at first but I wasn't scared for me, I was scared for you. The things they'd do to you, the pain I could hear you in... it was horrifying to listen to. The days when I got to see you, it was like-like sunshine after being under clouds my whole life. I wasn't scared of you, I never was. In fact, I think I've always loved you, even when I thought you were literally crazy." He started to laugh and slowly opened his eyes to look at me. "I stayed because I wanted you, needed you," I nodded my head, "you kept me going all those years. You were the very reason I fought so hard to stay alive. When you got out and I thought you had died, I lost myself. I gave up. All I thought of was you and I did everything I could to hang on to your voice and let me tell you... when I saw you, in person, I thought I was dead. I was so overjoyed yet so confused. I'm forever thankful for you. Forever. And I plan to spend forever trying to pay you back for saving me, in more ways than one. Tilt your head back my love." 

He did as I asked with a smile on his face. The conditioner ran from his hair and he looked back at me, pressing his lips against mine, "I hope that's true. I want nothing short of forever." That's when the thought hit me... I'm human. I can spend my forever with him but he won't be able to spend his forever with me... unless I become him. We got out of the shower and headed to bed. The two of us crawled in and he rolled over on top of me, kissing me repeatedly, from my neck to my chest and back to my lips. Chills surged through my body as the hairs on my arms stood. I grabbed his cheeks and pulled his lips back to mine, rolling him onto his back. He set his hands on the waistband of my sweat pants. 

"Are you sure?" I asked. This hasn't happened. He's been scared he'd lose control... the blood lust would make him lose himself. I've been waiting for this. He nodded his head and I leaned my head down, pressing my lips against his.