14

THREE DAYS LATER

KIRA POV

I continued to flip through the grimoire. Justin and Cyprus have been in the woods, they've been training. I decided to make Cyprus a moonlight ring giving him the power to change when he wants. This was the best decision I could make at the time.

"Okay so as far as we know Miranda's coven most likely has Kai and Rowan which means Kai will know them," I nodded, "which means he has a chance of atleast prolonging death. We can get in there. Kai found a way in the one time so there must be an entrance somewhere in the back of the land they have control of. We can figure it out from there. We don't know where they are in there or anything like that." I stood up and grabbed Lilly when she started to cry. "Jace is trapped with Cyprus's coven," I sighed as I gently bounced her, "I know which building they walked into but there's no telling where they are now."

"Right and we also know there are spells on that land as well," Esme nodded, "the deafening spell, human transparency spell and who knows if there is anything else they have up. Lastly, we need to work together to get them all back. We have to. We won't stand a chance if we separate."

"I don't think we'll necessarily stand a chance if the three of us run in together either," I shook my head, "I'm not disagreeing though. We do need to work together but we need to work separate." That's when I had an idea. I grabbed a piece of paper and started to draw. It wasn't long before Esme came upstairs after me. 

"What are you thinking?" she walked over to me. 

"This is a rough sketch of their ground layout," I explained, "this is where Jace went in. This is where they took him. If we can we should split up. One of us enters here, the other here, and Justin here. This way we can take people down separately and we can group here."

"Okay," she nodded, "so what are the limits?"

"We need to try and keep people alive," I nodded, "they are, after all, his family. We can lock them somewhere. Me and you can make a couple circular boundary spells. That way we can maybe put them somewhere. I can try to perform a spell that'll stop the magic... oh my god that's it."

"I can do that," she nodded, "I will do that and then you and Justin can go get him. I imagine Justin will make Cyprus stay here or stay with me." I nodded my head. That'll be the best idea... him staying here. I can make it happen. The back door opened and in stumbled the two of them. 

"He's ready to do whatever is needed," Justin nodded, "I won't let him get hurt but he is coming with us. To both." 

"Justin I don't-" Esme started to say but he cut her off. 

"No," he shook his head and then looked at me, "he comes." I nodded my head. "Do we have a plan?" he asked. 

"Yes," I nodded my head, "we'll get Jace first. We go whenever the two of you are ready. I will go find someone to watch the babies." I took off out of the front door and found the first person I saw. I ran to them and grabbed their shoulders. "Don't be scared, you're safe," I compelled, "what's the worst thing you've ever done? Be honest. The worst." 

"I- I took a toy from the store as a child," the man said. 

"Perfect," I smiled, "come with me." I took him back to the house and took him inside. "You're babysitting tonight," I looked into his eyes again, "you won't leave the house and you won't tell anyone where you are. You will play with them and keep them happy until I return. Do not open any doors to go outside or let anyone inside. Understand?"

"Y-yes but why am I doing this?" he asked. 

"We're best friends and friends help each other right?" I smiled.