She rolls her eyes at me, tapping my cheeks with her hands. "You really are struggling with innuendos tonight aren't you?"

  "It's Ma," my voice deadpans. "She's killing my game."

  "Oh sweetie," Opal smiles back at me. "You have no game."

  I nod my head slowly, eyes shifting around before I tuck my bottom lip between my teeth. "Well then." I move my hands to either side of her legs, gripping her thighs as I lift her off of my lap and toss her to the other end of the couch causing her to land on her back. She bounces with a bright laugh escaping her lips. "You can stay wherever you want Miss Lucas." Getting up I begin to walk past her on the couch, only for her to grab my hand before I completely pass by. She pulls on it causing me to stop. I rest one hand on the back of the couch, the other on the arm of the couch, behind her head, and lean down a bit. She smiles up at me from her position, laid out on the seat of the couch. I look back at her, waiting patiently. "Is there something I can help you with?"

  "Help me pack?" she asks innocently. 

 I act as though I'm contemplating her request. "What's in it for me?"

 "We can make out on my couch."

  "Done." I lean completely over now, wrapping one hand around her arm and the other at her waist before rising up with her flung over my shoulder. We walk through the rest of Magnolia with her giggling profusely.

  Once we're by her car she attempts to release herself from my grasp but not before I pop her butt with my wide hand. "What was that for?" she squeals out next to my ear.

  "For saying I have no game." I set her down in front of me as she rubs the spot. "Now, let's go. My lips are lonely." She shoves against my chest with a playful smile against her lips as I open her door.

~~~~~

  I listen to my two favorite women go back and forth over breakfast, trying to make a plan for the day ahead. I just sit here quietly, chewing on my spinach and egg frittata, watching their interactions, knowing that I've already planned out the majority of their day for them. 

  Most women would probably not appreciate that. But, thankfully, neither my mom or Opal are like most women. I know for a fact that they will love my plan. It may even win me Son and Boyfriend of the Year.

  "What are you smirking for?" 

  I'm pulled from my little day dream by my mother.  "Just listening to the two of you. I suddenly see my future. My wife bickering with her mother in law."  I say that with the sole purpose of seeing a reaction from Opal. I get what I desire as her face tinges pink and she averts her eyes from Ma and I. 

  "We were most certainly not bickering, Christopher!" Ma scolds me.

  I put my hands up in defeat. "It was a joke, Ma. Honestly." My hand immediately moves to Opal's leg under the table, giving her a gentle squeeze. "But y'all can stop planning today, because I have a  surprise for both of you."

  "You know how I feel about surprises, Chris," Opal challenges me as she sips her coffee from a dainty floral mug. 

  "I know you like control, but you're not getting that today." She huffs out a sigh. My hand moves to rest on the back of her chair as my opposite hand goes to the back of my moms. "I have made appointments for both you at a nearby spa."

  "Seriously?" My mother asks in surprise.

  "Seriously." She leans over and grasps my face, kissing my forehead. She goes back to happily eating her food. I turn my attention to Opal. "You're quiet."