Epilogue - C (Part - 02)

Start from the beginning

Khushi sighed ... seeing him pause at his last sentence her mind was telling her that he is still not ready. She knows she wants to have a baby ... oh how much she wanted it. But she wants Arnav to want it too. Not just to give in to make her happy. He will resent it later on and she doesn't want that.

"Arnavji, you are right ... I am sad because of that. I got married before Jiji and she is pregnant before me. Everyone is hinting to me to give them the good news too. But I know you are not ready for this. I want you to have the baby because your heart is telling you to, not because I am sad and you want to make me happy", said Khushi

Arnav shakes his head, "Khushi, it's the same thing. You are waiting because of me and I want to try for baby because you want it. If you are willing to delay your wish to have a baby because I said so ... in the same way I am willing to put aside my worries regarding it and go for it".

"Its not the same thing. Having a baby is a very big decision. Its not a business deal that if it goes wrong we can try with some other tactic. Its a human life, a life that will be tie to us forever. We cannot go back once he or she is here.", said Khushi and step aside and went into the room, "Let's sleep Arnavji".

"Khushi wait please", Arnav take her hand making her stop. His eyes flick over to the crib where Arush was sleeping, checking if his voice has woken him up or not. Khushi too was checking the same thing.

Arnav looks back to Khushi,"I know its a very big decision and I think I am doing ok with Arush, you agree on that right? That I am way better with Arush now, right?".

"Yes Arnavji ... but adding another kid will be an added responsibility, our jobs as a parent will be multiplied", said Khushi and move towards the bed, "And I want you to think on it.", she turns towards Arnav giving him a serious look, "Really think on it". She laid down on the bed and gesture for Arnav to lay down too. Arnav sighed and rubs his temple.

"Khushi you may think that i am not ready ... but i really am", said Arnav and laid down on bed and turns towards Khushi, "Let's try".

"We will talk about it later ok ... Let's sleep. I am very tired", said Khushi and yawned. She places her arm over Arnav's stomach and closes her eyes. Arnav was awake for a while thinking on their conversation and asking himself, is he really ready for the added responsibility?

-------------------------- A Day Later

"Arnavji ...", Khushi called Arnav's name out loud coming into their bedroom. He was not in the sight. "Arey where is he", saying that she move ahead, "Arna...", she was about to call his name when her eyes fell on a gift placed on the bed. A big card was attached to it, with her name written on it. She looked down her tea pink sari she had worn for the occasion.

"hmmphh that laad governer, if he wanted to gift me the dress, he should have done it before. Now I have to changed again", said Khushi as she sit on the bed and started to unwrapped the gift, thinking that its another saree or a dress Arnav wanted her to wear. He had done so many times before, whenever there was an occasion. He wanted to see her in different styles of clothes, some of them belongs to his own collection.

She was surprised to see a small shirt, a baby shirt with the words, 'Can't wait to meet my mommy', written on it.

"What ...?", she couldn't understand why would Arnav gift her that. She caught the movement from corner of her eyes and turn to see Arnav coming out of the wardrobe room, where he had been waiting for Khushi to come and open the gift.

"Arnavji?", she called her name questioningly as she stands up, "I think you got the wrong size. It won't fit Arush", said Khushi thinking maybe he was trying to gift this shirt to Arush.