Chapter 36

Chapter 36
Selene's POV

"That was one Selene, now try shooting the remaining five cups come on haha!" I don't know if Bryan's cheering for me or teasing me hahaha.

Here we are on our 20th try of this shooting games. I need to shoot those six cups in a pyramid position from a specific distance under a specific time limit pero palagi nalang ako nauunahan ng tunog ng timer. Either I get to shoot a cup, or nothing at all!

How come Bryan's great at this game and I'm not? It's just a little toy gun and six cups! Jusko ganito na ba ako kabobo sa mga laro ngayon?

"Time's up! Sorry but no prize again this time Selene hahaha." sabi ng isang estudyanteng in-charge sa booth na 'yon.

"Tsk! Seriously what's even the point of trying kung palagi naman ako natatalo?" pagmamaktol ko na parang bata habang naglalakad palayo doon, kasabay si Bryan.

Bry chuckled, "That's exactly the point of trying, Selene. Try and try until you win, until you achieve your goal."

Hindi ako umimik sa kanya. And you must be wondering why I'm with Bryan right now. Well, palagi niya kasi akong inaaya na sumama sa kanya. Palagi niya sinasabi na he wants to spend time with me. Sometimes I get these weird thoughts everytime he smiles and talks with me.

"Okay so, how about some churros? To... lighten up your mood?" napatigil naman ako sa paglalakad at tinignan siya.

Tinaas ko ang isa kong kilay, "With all the dips?" tanong ko. I'm referring to the churro dips.

"You got it." there he goes again with his big smile. Sa akin nakakangiti siya pero sa kapatid niya hindi.

He then bought me churros with assorted dips as he promised. And ofcourse, I shared it with him. Isa pa 'to sa mga iniisip ko. Ang hilig din niyang ilibre ako kahit na 'di ko sabihin.

"The Lockwood's ball near, I'm excited to dance with you." sabi niya. He's excited? Why?

"Really? How come?" I asked, munching on my food.

"Basta. Malalaman mo rin sa gabing 'yon." napakunot ang noo ko. Malalaman ang alin?

"Hindi mo ba pwede sabihin ngayon? Naiintriga ako diyan ha?" pagbibiro ko. But honestly speaking, I really am intrigued.

Yet I also seem to have an idea already on what he's about to say to me.

"I first have a question. Can you be honest?" seryoso niyang tanong.

"Uhm, is that yout question? Because if it is then yeah, I can be honest with you." pang-aasar ko.

He frowned, "No okay so, right now, do you have anyone you like? I know I've already asked you this before but I'm asking again right now. Do you like anybody at the moment?" napatigil ako sa pagkain ko.

Gusto ko sabihing oo meron, si Cade. Gusto ko ang kapatid niya pero bakit hindi ko masabi? Why am I hesitating? Dahil sa kapatid niya ang gusto ko? Oh dahil baka... hindi naman talaga ako sigurado sa nararamdaman ko.

"A-ang kulit mo naman Bryan. Wala nga 'no ano ka ba?" sagot ko. Sige, deny pa.

"How about what you feel when you're around me? What do you think of me? From all those days that we were together." I did not expect that question at all from him.

Pero doon sa tanong na 'yon, nagkaroon agad ako ng sagot. "You're kind, handsome, fun to be with. You're also very gentleman and you kinda have a different personality when you're around me and when you're around with your brother. I'm sorry ha? But that's what I just noticed. And... you're handsome too." I said, smiling.

He smiled back at me, "Thank you because you think I'm fun to be with. Ever since my brother and I fought, I think I lost all the fun within me hahaha. Akala ko nga, gusto mo si kuya." napatingin ako bigla sa kanya.

Did he just say kuya?

"Wait wait wait, you said kuya right?" Tanong ko.

"Hahaha yeah, but don't tell anyone. I've been thinking about it. You know, making up to my brother." parang natuwa ako bigla sa sinabi niya. Nakakaproud.

"I'm proud of you Bry. Kasi we all thought na this fight between you and your brother will never be fixed but here you are saying these things to me!" I really am happy for him, for them.

"Do you like my brother, Selene?" medyo nawala ang ngiti ko nang biglaan niyang itanong iyon.

"What made you ask that?"

"I see you stealing glances at him. And sometimes I even hear you giggle when he's around. Do you like him?"

I stared at him for a long time. If liking someone means that person is giving you butterflies or making you happy, making you feel motivated or inspired. Could it be that my answer is no?

I have come to a realization that Cade never really gave me his attention. He never really made me feel butterflies and he never really made me feel inspired or motivated. He always distance himself at me. He doesn't even lay an eye on me and 'pag magkasama kami, he never really bring up a topic first.

In short terms, maybe I was just infatuated by his kindness and gentleness to women. Not only to me but to every woman he meets and that's just who he really is. I also realized that he doesn't really make me laugh. He does not adore me with his humours because I'm just the only one who laughs without a reason! Maybe I was just happy with the thought na I find someone kind and handsome and not because it's the person who I really like.

"No, I don't like your brother, Bry. And glances? Giggles? No I don't do that. Guni-guni mo lang 'yon! Hahaha oh ayan kumain ka na nga lang!"

And if you're gonna ask me the same about Bryan. When I'm around him, he makes me smile. He sometimes gives me mixed feelings and higit sa lahat, napapatawa niya ako effortlessly.

I also noticed that Bryan always wants to spend time with me, always tells me how I'm also fun to be with but with Cade? I hate that I realized how I was the one who pushes myself to be with him when he's the one who's already distancing himself to me.

to be continued.