Chapter 21

Chapter 21
Cade's POV

It's 12 in the afternoon and I was here in the hospital early in the morning to be with Ayu. She looks so sad because of her mother's situation right now and actually, she's been telling me to go home kanina pa dahil baka raw nakakaabala na siya sakin, when in fact it was my decision to stay with her.

And here I'm looking at her as she takes care of her mom. I envy Ayu. She's so close with her mom and dad, maybe because she's an only child? Still, I envy their closeness. My dad and mom are always too busy with their work kaya sa isang taon, bihira lang sila umuwi galing ibang bansa.

I have a brother yet, I can't feel I have one anymore.

"Cade, naglunch ka na ba? Anong gusto mo? Bibili na ko sa labas." I looked up to Ayu who's currently standing infront of me. Tumayo nadin ako.

"Samahan na kita bumili." sabi ko. Tinignan ko naman ang dad ni Ayu na natutulog ngayon sa couch tabi ng bed ni tita.

"Okay, sige. Are you sure na... wala kang ibang gagawin ngayon? Okay naman na ako dito." nahihiyang tanong niya. Tinanggal ko sa bulsa ko ang kamay ko at pinat ang ulo niya.

"It's really fine, Ayu. Don't worry about it." I noticed how she tried to avoid my hand when I attempted to pat her head.

Does she not like it when I do that?

"You look good together, the both of you." we both turned our heads to tita na nagsalita.

I let out a little laugh and looked at Ayumi na umiwas lang ng tingin sakin.

"Si mommy talaga oh hahaha. Friends lang po kami ni Cade." pagpapaliwanag niya and I agree with her.

"Hmm, friends lang ba talaga? Baka mamaya ha?" pagbibiro ni tita. Napahawak tuloy ako sa batok ko, iniisip siguro ni tita pinopormahan ko ang anak niya hahaha.

"We're good friends po tita." sabi ko. Ngumiti lang siya sa amin.

"Sige na mommy, bibili lang kami sa labas ng lunch, may gusto din po ba kayo ipabili?" tanong ni Ayu.

Tita smiled and shook her head kaya lumabas nadin kami ni Ayu. We got in the elevator to the ground floor and went out of the hospital.

"So, until when is tita gonna stay here?" I asked while we're walking.

"I don't know. Last time, mommy stayed here for almost a month. At baka magstay din muna ko dito until she's discharged." napatango naman ako. Kahit ako, I'll choose to stay beside my mom. Pero ang kaibahan, mom ko na mismo ang nalayo.

"Does your friends know about what happened?" I asked.

"Yup, I already texted them na baka di muna ako uuwi and bukas nagbabalak sila pumunta dito. Ikaw ba?" napatigil ako sa paglalakad at tinignan siya.

"You're asking if I'll come back?" I asked and gave her a teasing smile hahaha.

She scratched the back of her head, "I mean... ikaw kung anong oras ka uuwi." Okay, I'll pretend that I didn't get what she asked earlier hahaha.

"Hmm, maybe after lunch." she nodded her head and bit her lip, she looks uncomfortable.

I tapped her shoulder, "Ayu, okay ka lang ba? Look if you really want me to go home, I will okay?" pakiramdam ko, ayaw niya ng kasama.

"No it's not like that," marahan niyang inalis ang pagkakahawak ko sa balikat niya, "I'm just not used onto someone like you." I'm confused. What about me?