Avatar Aang

The End

~~~

Zuko tried to stand as Ivana fought Azula back away from him and Katara. Katara made him lie down, taking out her water to try and heal him. Ivana watched Azula carefully, however it wasn't going to be enough. She was nowhere near skilled enough to beat Azula.

They sent wall after wall of fire at each other. Ivana was angry, all she wanted to do was hurt Azula. Hurt her for everything she'd ever done. However, a thought caused her to pause. Azula is fourteen years old. She's like this because her father is a sociopath. If she were a sociopath too, she wouldn't have broken like this.

Azula took the pause in their match to shoot a bolt of lightning at Ivana. She was able to jump out of the way, but it let her be open to another blast of fire. She rolled out of the way, only to have her leg and her other foot caught in the flames. Ivana screamed. She watched Azula come closer, a demented smile on her face. Ivana tried to back away, blasting fire at Azula as she approached. Each blast was deflected. Fear crawled into Ivana's throat, her leg and foot burned severely. She couldn't run away. She blasted as much fire she could at her with her remaining strength, only to have Azula deflect it.

Ivana watched as Azula was thrown to the side with a torrent of water. She stared up at the comet in the sky as the pain from her legs radiated. The heat was unbearable. Tears streamed down her face as she tried to think of anything else.

"'Vana!" she heard as she blinked slowly, trying to stay awake, despite her brain telling her to rest. She turned to head to see Zuko slowly crawling toward her.

"I'm okay," she said softly, "You are not. You need to lay down."

"Even at a time like this you nag," Zuko said, reaching her. He rolled over on his back, exhausted and in pain. Ivana watched Katara freeze herself and Azula in a block of ice. "Uh, listen, if I don't make it... I mean you know..."

"You are so awkward," Ivana said, laughing a little. She looked down at him. "You're going to survive. You always do. Besides, you still have to kiss me," she mumbled. Ivana looked down at her legs, the sight making her sick. The pain started to fade as her mind clouded. She felt herself fall to the floor before there was black.

~~~

Ivana woke up to Katara healing her leg. She swayed a bit as she sat up. "What happened?" she asked, looking around. She was in her old room. Normally that would have cause her to panic, but Katara was there.

"Well, I beat Azula for you and Zuko because you both managed to get yourselves hurt. Your foot should be fine, but I don't know about your leg. You might walk with a cane." Ivana looked down at her legs. She wiggled her foot that Katara seemed to heal all the way.

"My foot doesn't hurt," she said. She tried to wiggle her other set of toes, finding that she couldn't.

"I think Azula's fire was so hot it fried the nerves in your foot. I was able to save it though. I'm sorry, Ivana," Katara said. "There isn't much more I can do." She looked at her with sadness.

"Well at least I didn't fry myself from the inside out like somebody. I'm not in pain anymore, and that's what matters to me. Thank you, Katara. Thank you so much," Ivana said, holding out her arms for a hug. Katara gave her a hug. "Now where is the stubborn prince?"

"It's about to be Firelord," Katara laughed. "I kicked him out a few minutes ago. He was freaking out because you weren't awake yet. If it doesn't hurt, you can try to walk." Ivana tried to get out of bed, standing up. She couldn't feel her one foot at all. Katara rushed over with a crutch.