Day of the Black Sun: Part 1

Scrolls and Climbing

~~~

Ivana stretched as she made her way up the stairs to her room. It had been a long morning getting Yua and the children hunkered down for the eclipse. Apparently, there would be an invasion and there wasn't a place for the servants for their families under the volcano. It made her seeth with anger. She would have stayed, but Yua insisted she go under the volcano with the rest of the upper class. She had stopped home to get a few things before heading to the entrance to the volcano bunkers.

After yesterday, Zuko seemed more confused than ever. He didn't want to talk anymore, so they just sat, holding hands. It was strange, but comforting for Ivana. She knew he'd figure something out.

She opened her bedroom down and jumped when she saw someone inside. Zuko turned to face her, a scroll in his hand. "I thought you would be with Yua."

"No, I'm going to stay with you during the eclipse. Why are you here? You should already be under the volcano." Ivana looked at the scroll in his hand and saw her name written on the outside in Zuko's handwriting. "What's that?"

"Nothing, it doesn't concern you," Zuko said defensively. He held the scroll closer to his body and covered her name with his other hand.

"You're lying. You don't lie unless you protecting someone, Zuko. Hand it over," she huffed, stepping closer and reaching out to take the scroll from him. He held it above his head to keep it out of her reach. She squinted up at him angrily. "I will climb you," she threatened.

Zuko rolled his eyes, trying to move away from her. She wasn't thinking and did what she said she'd do. She climbed him. He lost his balance and struggled to keep them upright. He ended up falling on her bed, taking the brunt of the impact for her. She grabbed the scroll as he grunted from the force of her falling on top of him. She grinned triumphantly, only inches from his face. She pushed herself off him, not thinking a thing about it. Zuko, however, blushed deeply.

Ivana stood, reading the scroll. "You're what?!" she yelled. "After everything we've been through, you're leaving me here to help the Avatar?" She shook the scroll at him.

"Not so loud, Ivana! Your grandfather is still here!" Zuko hissed, standing up, snapping out of his daze.

"I won't have it, Zuko! I told you you'd always have me and you won't even take me with you. I can't believe you lately," she whispered angrily.

"It could be dangerous, I don't want you getting hurt. Especially if we have to fight any member of my family," he said truthfully.

"Zuko, you know that now that I know about this I'm not letting you out of my sight. I'm coming with you whether you like it or not. I still can't believe you thought you could make this decision for me and-"

"You are the most stubborn human being on earth," Zuko huffed, shaking his head. "Pack your stuff- fast." Ivana grinned, running around her room as she packed. Before she knew it Zuko was telling her his plan as they made their way to the volcano.