The Siege of the North: Part 2

Goodbye Uncle

~~~

"I don't need to remind you we have a time limit. If we don't defeat the Water Tribe before the full moon rises, they will be undefeatable," Iroh warned. Ivana stood next to him, trying to stay strong, even though she was shattering on the inside. She hated this war. She hated the military. She wanted it to fall apart until there was nothing left.

"I assure you I have everything under control. I intend to remove the moon as a factor," Zhao explained. Ivana's eyes widened at his claim. The information he found at the library.

"Remove the moon? How?" Iroh asked, shocked.

Ivana looked over at Iroh and Zhao, only to find a man dressed in an old fire nation uniform pointing a spear at Zhao. He whipped off his helmet. "Admiral Choi! Prepare to meet your fate!" he yelled before charging. Zhao casually tossed him over the side of the ship. The man screamed as he fell to the water below. Ivana shook her head. That's who they sent to assassinate Zhao? Yikes.

"As I was saying, years ago I stumbled upon a great and powerful secret: the identity of the Moon Spirit's mortal form," Zhao explained.

"What?" Iroh asked, still confused.

"I was a young squad commander serving under General Shu in the Earth Kingdom. I discovered a hidden library. Underground, in fact. I tore through scroll after scroll. One of them contained a detailed illustration, and the words "moon" and "ocean". I knew then that these spirits could be found and killed. And that it was my destiny to do so." You left out the part where you killed my father.

"Zhao, the spirits are not to be trifled with!" Iroh said, still in shock over what he intended to do.

"Yes, yes ... I know you fear the spirits, Iroh. I've heard rumors about your journey into the Spirit World. But the Ocean and Moon gave up their immortality to become a part of our world. And now they will face the consequences," Zhao concluded. Monster.

~~~

"Ivana, wake up. We need to stop Zhao," Iroh whispered, gently shaking the girl awake.

"Iroh, isn't that treason?"

"To the fire nation... yes," Iroh concluded. I don't care. I'll die like my father did if I have to. The moon and ocean spirits will live if I have anything to say about it.

"Let's go," Ivana said, sitting up and putting on a few extra layers. She followed Iroh off the ship. They snuck through the city, spotting Zhao after a while. They followed close behind, eventually following him inside the sanctuary.

The Avatar and his friends beat us inside. They were facing off against Zhao. Iroh interrupted, "He is right Zhao."

"General Iroh, why am I not surprised to discover your treachery?"

"I'm no traitor, Zhao, the Fire Nation needs the moon, too; we all depend on the balance. Whatever you do to that spirit I'll unleash on you ten-fold. Let it go, now!" He took a firebending stance. Ivana did the same.

Zhao released the fish into the oasis. He hesitated for a moment before striking the koi fish with a blast of fire. Iroh and Ivana backed away from the flames before attacking Zhao. Zhao retreated behind his soldiers, letting them fight his battle. Ivana escaped the soldiers and pursued her uncle. She blasted fire in his direction, stopping him on a platform outside the sanctuary structure. He stopped to face her. "Upset I killed your father?" Zhao sneered.

Ivana yelled angrily before shooting more blasts of fire in his direction. He combated each one, before shooting his own fire back at her. She backed up to the edge of the platform. She wasn't even a match for him.

Just then, a blast of fire knocked Zhao back. Zuko appeared. "You're alive?" Zhao gasped.

"You tried to have me killed!" Zuko shouted before attacking him. Thank the spirits.

"Yes, I did. You're the Blue Spirit, an enemy of the Fire Nation! You freed the Avatar."

"I had no choice," Zuko continued to attack, even though Zhao blocked each one. Ivana copied Zuko's attacks, hoping the double fire power would be enough to kick his ass.

"I'm not surprised my niece is involved in this. She's a traitor just like her father." I'm glad you twat. They continued fighting until the moon brightened the sky again. "It can't be!" As he stared at the moon in shock, the ocean spirit rose from the water behind him, pulling him towards the sea. Ivana stood still watching the ocean spirit take him. Zuko tried to save him, but Zhao refused his help. He was taken beneath the waves, leaving Zuko and Ivana on the bridge, alone.