The Boiling Rock: Part 2

Reunited

~~~

"If they aren't back in the next few hours, I'm going looking for them," Ivana concluded. She told the group about where Zuko and Sokka really were, and they weren't exactly happy with her hiding the information.

"So you just kept this from us?" Katara said, starting to boil over.

"I knew you guys would want to go after Sokka, but you don't understand how dangerous this place is. I wanted to make sure they were in trouble first."

"It's been days! I'm going after them now!" Katara huffed, getting up to get on Appa.

"We can't risk getting caught! Aang can't risk it! He's the world's last hope. You don't think I want to rescue them? I've been dying inside since they left. The fact is, we need to wait a bit longer. When the time they gave us is up, I'll be more than happy to go with you."

"You're just afraid," Katara shouted, turning back to Ivana.

Ivana growled, taking a few steps to get in her face. "I'm afraid of many things, but I'd do anything for Zuko safety. Don't pretend to know me."

Aang got in between them. "Ivana's right, Katara," Aang said. "We wait until the time frame they gave is up." Ivana huffed and walked away, steaming with anger. She pretends she knows, but she doesn't. She's infuriating!

~~~

Meanwhile, the boys decided to make their escape. They made their way onto the gondola with the warden in tow. Botan and Sokka pulled Zuko inside the gondola at the last moment after he broke the braking lever.

"Wait! Who's that?" Hakoda said, pointing to Azula and Ty Lee standing where they once were.

"That's a problem. It's my sister and her friend," Zuko replied, gritting his teeth.

Botan grinned. "It's been a while since I've seen Lala and Ty Ty." Zuko rolled his eyes at Botan's ridiculous nicknames. They watched as Azula snatched a pair of handcuffs off a guard and used them to propel herself up the gondola cable. Ty Lee jumped up and balanced on the wire. "Dang, they've gotten good. And blue fire? Dang Lala," Botan said, paling a bit.

"This is a rematch I've been waiting for," Suki said.

"Me too."

Sokka, Suki, Zuko, and Botan climbed up to the top of the gondola to meet the two girls. Ty Lee landed in front of Suki and Sokka while Azula pulled herself onto the roof in front of Zuko and Botan. "How's it going, Lala?" Botan teased as everyone took a battle position.

Azula growled, sending a fire slice at him with a kick of her leg. Botan blocked it while Ty Lee and Suki exchanged blows. Botan and Zuko traded blocking Azula's blasts. They each shot fire at her at the same time, but Azula dodged before sending a wide blast across the roof. She almost Ty Lee, Sokka, and Suki, but they avoided it. "Watch it, you almost hit Ty Ty."

"You love annoying her, don't you?" Zuko said, keeping his eyes trained on Azula as she shot a large blast at Botan.

"I love annoying everyone, Zuzu. Don't you know that?" Before Zuko could come up with a reply, the gondola shook, causing Sokka to lose his balance. He almost slipped over the side, but Zuko caught his arm and pulled him back up. Ty Lee jumped onto the line before shouting, "They're about to cut the line!"

"Then it's time to leave," Azula replied with a smirk. She propelled herself onto the other gondola. "Goodbye, Botan. Goodbye, Zuko." She gave them a sadistic smile while Ty Lee backflipped to her gondola. The four climbed back inside their gondola.