xiaojun - "back to you"

word count : 526

-

with music playing from your headphones, you continued reading a chapter of a manga from your phone. you picked up your cup of coffee and drank the rest of the coffee. placing the now empty cup on the table, you sighed.

"this is how i'm spending my only day off..." you mumbled out loud even though there were people sitting at the tables beside you.

you were completely bored, knowing that you had nothing to do. no errands to run, no laundry to fold, nothing. there wasn't even a new show for you to binge watch.

you decided to go home and stood up from the chair you were sitting on. you threw away the empty coffee cup and started walking back to your apartment building.

on the way home, you started humming to the song you were listening to and looked into a few stores that caught your eye as you walked by those stores.

"y/n!" you took your headphones off and looked around to see who called your name. then, you saw him, xiaojun, your ex boyfriend, who you hadn't seen in over a year.

"hey," you softly smiled at him, putting your headphones into its case before stuffing the case in your pocket. "how are you?"

"doing good," he replied. "how about you?" he asked. he gently brought up his arm to guide you closer to a building, so you two weren't in the way of people walking on the sidewalk.

"yea, i'm doing good," you smiled at him. "it's been awhile."

"yea, it has," he replied with a nod.

you realized that the conversation was going to become awkward and you decided to ask something risky. "have you...have you been dating?" you asked, "last time i saw you, you said you were talking to someone."

he scratched the back of his head, "uh...no actually. i wasn't really looking for a new relationship to be honest. it's been awhile since i even tried to date," he admitted. "what about you?" he asked.

"me? definitely not. you know how i am, i'm too shy," you laughed it off.

"i see," xiaojun nodded. "um..."

"yes?" you questioned, noticing the hesitation in his face.

"i'm sorry for how we left things off when we broke up. timing was horrible and that fight we had was so stupid," he said and paused. he looked down for a second before looking back up at you, "but...i never stopped loving you," he admitted.

you stared at him as you processed what he had just said.

"our love...my love never changed. i still love you, y/n," he said.

"if that's true..." you started, "could we try again? because i never stopped loving you either, xiaojun," you admitted to him.

his eyes widened in surprise but then his expression softened in a look of admiration. xiaojun hugged you tightly, and you hugged him back, feeling the warmth that you hadn't felt in a very long time.

"i love you," you said to him, words that you wanted to say to him for a very long time.

"i love you, y/n," xiaojun said to you.