jisung - "go"

word count : 521

-

neon lights illuminated the streets near by, but your apartment's fire escape was against the adjacent wall, so there wasn't any light directly hitting you. you sat on the fire escape with your guitar in your arms.

you put your guitar down and sighed. taking a cigarette out of the box that was on your window sill, you lit the cigarette and held it between two fingers.

"come on, come on!" you suddenly heard yelling and lots of laughter from below you.

you saw some flashlights being lit up since the sky was almost completely dark at this point in time, which made the alley below you very dark.

you looked down and saw some guys playing around. some of them started spray painting the walls and windows of the building you live in. you could practically feel your landlord's and the store owners's blood boil even though they probably didn't know this was happening right now.

"let's go!" a guy yelled and jumped onto a dumpster. "pass me a can," he demanded and someone threw him a can of spray paint. he started spray painting the wall of the building across from yours.

"hey, this stuff looks trash," another guy commented.

"i'm gonna make it right," one guy said while shaking a can of spray paint.

you watched them continue to act careless and spray paint the various surfaces around them.

"so loud," you muttered before bringing the cigarette up to your mouth again. after, you grabbed a rock that was sitting on the fire escape, which had most likely fallen from the roof, and threw it down. the rock flew and landed on the dumpster next to the guy who was on top of it.

the group of guys looked up and saw you sitting on the fire escape. you brought your cigarette to your mouth again and waved at them.

"run, run, run, run!" one guy frantically yelled as most of them sprinted away.

"guys! don't leave me!" the guy on top of the dumpster yelled and jumped down. he grabbed a backpack and threw the can of spray paint in there. he stopped running and was attempting to zip the backpack up.

"hey, next time, don't do anything while i'm out here. you guys are too noisy," you spoke and the guy looked up at you.

"i'll try to keep that in mind for next time," the guy replied and zipped the backpack closed. he put the backpack on.

"if you head a few blocks down, you can find an old grocery store. it still has space on the walls," you mentioned, knowing that him and his friends would probably be looking for a new place to hit up, "just don't cover up my work," you added.

the guy smiled at you, "you got it," he answered. "will i see you there some time?" he asked.

"maybe," you replied and stood up.

"jisung! come on!" you heard one of his friends call for him.

"yea, okay!" the guy yelled and looked back up at you, "you should come right now," he suggested.

you grinned, "maybe i will."