mark - clubbing

word count : 351

-

the club was packed to the brim with people, maybe even a few celebrities in the mix too. your set ended and you left the dj booth so the next person could take over. while debating if you should stick around or leave for the night, you leaned against a wall in a small hallway to be alone for a second.

"hey, weren't you just in the dj booth?" you turned your head away from the crowd and saw a guy leaning against the opposite side from you.

you nodded, "yea, that was me."

"you did good. it was a good set," he complimented you.

"thank you," you replied.

"so what are you still doing here?" he asked.

"debating if i should leave or not," you mentioned and looked over at the crowd of people dancing. "you work here?" you asked him.

"nah, i just come here sometimes. think my friends are here, but i doubt i'm gonna be able to find them in that crowd," he said and looked into the crowd. "yea, i'll just stay over here for the time being."

the two of you continued talking to each other. you learned that his name was mark and found out that he likes to create music and perform.

as you talked, someone left through a back door to go smoke a cigarette, causing a really cold breeze to go through the hallway. you rubbed your arms to warm up yourself up.

"here, wear this," mark spoke and unzipped his jacket.

"no, i'm okay. it isn't that cold," you declined his offer.

he didn't listen and proceeded to take his jacket off. he handed you his jacket, "just wear it. it's time for my set anyways so you can just hold onto it for me until i'm done," he said to you.

"your set?" you asked and put his jacket on, which was clearly too big for you.

he smiled and leaned in to kiss your cheek, "you aren't the only dj here. see you later," he said before walking out of the hallway and up to the dj booth.