jaemin - rainy day

word count : 553

-

you were sitting on the couch with a book in your hands. you and jaemin had the day off so you were spending time together at your house since it was raining pretty bad outside. it was still pretty early in the day, but you had gotten up early out of habit while jaemin slept in a little bit more. once he woke up, he decided to shower while you stayed downstairs in the living room of your shared home.

you finished a chapter from your book and grabbed your mug from the end table. you drank a little bit of coffee before drinking the rest of what was left in your mug. then, you set the empty mug down and turned to the next page in your book, ready to continue off of a short cliffhanger that occurred.

rain continued falling outside, but you could still hear the shower turn off once your boyfriend was done. you continued reading, too immersed in the plot to notice that jaemin had come downstairs and joined you in the couch. eventually, you started feeling droplets of water fall into your shoulder as jaemin peeked over to see what you were reading.

"is this the book you bought a few weeks ago?" jaemin quietly asked you. he had a towel around his neck and moves some of it to cover his wet hair.

"mhm," you nodded and continued reading, "it's really good so far," you mentioned.

then, jaemin stood up and grabbed your empty mug before leaving the living room. you heard him walk into the kitchen. after a few seconds, the smell of coffee entered the house as jaemin started making a cup for himself.

once his coffee was ready, he came back into the living room, and you glanced up for a second to see him with a cup of coffee in his hand. you also noticed that the towel was missing, but he most likely out the towel on a chair knowing him. you looked back down at your book and continued reading while jaemin sat down next to you.

"baby?" jaemin called out to you.

"yes?" you replied.

"can i hug you?" he asked you.

you instantly smiled at his request before giggling a little, "of course."

you put the receipt for the book, which you used as a bookmark, in the book and placed the book down on an end table. then, you immediately climbed onto jaemin's lap and hugged him tight. jaemin wrapped one arm around your waist, and you pecked his lips before he took another sip of his coffee.

"you looked so peaceful," he commented.

"what do you mean?" you asked him, a bit confused from the sudden comment.

"you looked so peaceful when you were reading your book," he explained. "i feel bad for ruining it, but i really wanted to hug you," he mentioned to you.

you laughed, "well, it's nice to be in my boyfriend's arms, so i don't mind."

jaemin smiled at you. "love you," he said.

"i love you, too, babe," you replied.

the two of you started cuddling together and enjoying having a morning together. rain continued to fall and started getting heavier, but you didn't mind. all you needed was your boyfriend right by you and that's exactly what you had.