johnny - "dreamer"

word count : 459

-

"babe, i'm here!" you heard johnny announce from outside your room. then, you heard the door open, "there you are. come on, let's go."

"go?" you looked from your monitor to question him.

"yea, come on," he insisted and grabbed your hand.

"johnny, i have a lot to do today," you said as he proceeded to drag you out of the office and to the front door. "i haven't even finished half of my work. let's do this next week," you suggested.

"babe, we're going out. you need to give yourself a break," he said to you. "besides, you don't have to go into work tomorrow so you can just work on everything tomorrow instead."

you sighed but he just kissed your forehead. then, you two left your house together. you got into johnny's car and he drove off, heading towards the city.

"what's with that look?" johnny asked as he drove.

"i really have a lot of work," you mentioned, worrying about the things that were due first on your list.

he sighed. "close your eyes," he instructed.

"hm?"

"just close you eyes," he repeated.

you closed your eyes and covered them with your hands, "done."

"what do you see?" he asked.

"darkness," you answered and laughed, earning another sigh from johnny.

"how about this...picture a place you would like to go on a date," he said.

you thought for a second before uncovering your eyes and opening them. you looked over at johnny, "i want to go play games."

"arcade or video game café?" johnny asked.

"arcade," you answered.

"okay, then that's where we're going," he replied with a smile. "remember the song "dreamer"?" he asked.

"mhm."

"worries, later, later, later," he sang one part of the song, making you smile, "therefore, we can have some fun together," he justified and turned onto another street.

you smiled, "thank you," you said to him.

he chuckled, "you don't need to thank me," he said. "i hate seeing you stressed out, and it's been awhile since we've been able to go out and do stuff." he paused for a second, "hey, let's grab some coffee before we go, okay?"

"yea, sure," you agreed. "can i play a cd?" you asked. johnny hummed in response.

you opened the glove compartment in front of you, remembering that johnny had cds in there. you took the cd case out and searched for either the "sticker" or "favorite" cd. you found the "sticker" one first and put it into the cd player. "sticker" automatically started playing hit you changed it until you heard "dreamer" come on. and for the rest of the car ride, the two of you jammed out to the songs that played.

"forget everything and let's have some fun."