chenle - royalty

word count : 652

-

"greetings, your highness," you bowed as prince chenle walked into the library. you continued to neaten up the area you were cleaning while the prince had one of his lessons with a tutor.

you stepped onto a step stool and placed some books onto the bookshelf. then, you stepped down and started wiping dust off of some of the bookshelves.

"y/n," one of the maids called for you. you stepped into the hallway and she handed you a letter, "could you give this to the prince once his lesson is finished?"

you nodded, "yes, i will."

"also, put these away," she handed you two books.

"of course," you replied and she walked away.

you walked back into the library, passing by the prince, who was reading something. you placed the letter down on a table while looking for where the two books were supposed to go.

you quietly walked around the library and found where one book was supposed to go. you kneeled down and placed the book back on the bookshelf. then, you stood up straight and walked to the next bookshelf. you stepped onto a step stool and reached up to place the book back, but you were too short to reach the top shelf, even on the stool.

"do you need help?" you heard a voice behind you.

"hm?" you turned around while holding onto the lip of a shelf.

"i could put that book away for you," prince chenle offered.

"oh, your highness, you don't need to do anything. i'll get someone else to put it away if i can't reach it again," you reassured him. you turned around and tried to reach for the spot where the book was supposed to go again. you managed to put the book back onto the shelf. you tried to wipe some dust off but your foot slipped off of the step stool. "ah!"

you felt someone grab you and you landed into someone's arms. "are you alright?" prince chenle asked.

"y-your highness! i apologize!" you frantically spoke and he put you down. you bowed to him.

"it's okay. are you okay?" he asked you.

you stood up straight and nodded, "yes."

"that's good. it would've been bad if i had left the room," he said.

you suddenly remembered that you had to give him the letter from earlier. "oh, your highness, you have a letter," you said and walked to the table where you had placed the letter. you grabbed the letter and handed it to the prince, who had followed you.

"thank you," he said and opened it. you stepped away so he could read the letter and noticed a book on a table. you heard the prince sigh and glanced over at him.

"is everything alright, your highness?" you asked him.

"yea, i've been invited to a ball, and i don't want to go," he mentioned. "i'd rather stay here. every ball i go to is the same."

"could you decline the invitation?" you asked.

"my parents would probably kill me," he sighed while putting the letter on the table in front of him. "do you like to read?" he changed the topic.

you nodded, "yes. luckily for me, my favorite book is in this library," you mentioned.

"which book?" he asked. you walked to one of the bookshelves and bent down a little. you took a book out and showed it to the prince. "i guess if you like it, then i probably will."

"that's just my personal opinion," you said to him. "since you have that invitation, maybe you could bring the book with you. that way, you won't be bored at the ball," you suggested.

he smiled, "you know what? i think i will," he said. "hey, what's your name?" he asked you.

"my name is y/n," you answered.

"thank you, y/n," prince chenle said to you.

"of course, your highness."