xiaojun - study date

word count : 479

-

"hey, isn't that the exchange student, xiaojun?" your friend, renjun, said to you. you turned your head and saw one of the exchange students at your university sitting at a table by himself. "he's your type. you should go talk to him," renjun suggested.

"what? no way," you said as you closed a tab on your laptop. you clicked onto an assignment, making sure that you had already turned it in.

"he's your type. right down to the glasses he's wearing," renjun said to you. "just say hi to him."

"i can't even speak chinese that well. you always make fun of me when i speak," you said. "you go talk to him and say hi," you suggested.

"you can learn from him. it'll be perfect. he can learn korean from you, and he could teach you chinese," he replied. "go," he practically demanded.

you sighed and grabbed your stuff before walking through the library. you looked back at renjun, who gave you a thumbs up from the table you were just at.

you walked to xiaojun, who was studying out of one of the textbooks on the table.

"hi," you spoke and xiaojun looked up at you.

"oh, hi," he smiled. "um...what is your name?" he awkwardly spoke in korean.

"my name is y/n," you awkwardly spoke in chinese. "can i...sit with you?" you asked, thanking renjun in your head for teaching you a little bit of chinese since you've known him.

xiaojun nodded and said something that you couldn't understand. he moved his backpack off of the chair next to him and put it on the floor.

you pulled the chair out a bit more and sat down next to him.

"can you help me?" he asked once you took your stuff out. he pointed to his textbook, which was a korean learning book.

you nodded, "yea!" you scooted a tiny bit closer to him and looked at his textbook.

from there, you helped him with how to pronounce words and attempted to translate the words that you knew how to translate.

"pretty? like..." xiaojun made gestures and you nodded with a hum. "oh!" then, he spoke in chinese, but you didn't understand what he was saying.

you spent awhile teaching him until the sun set for the day.

"see you tomorrow?" xiaojun asked as you got ready to leave.

you nodded, "see you tomorrow."

xiaojun smiled and left walked away, leaving the building. you went straight to renjun, who was half asleep at the table he was sitting at. there was an open book in his hands.

"you're right. he's my type," you said to him.

renjun looked at you, "you're welcome. now drive me home, i'm tired," he said as he closed his laptop.

you rolled your eyes, "you're annoying."

"you better not say that to me when you two start dating."