renjun - sunset

word count : 419

-

you and renjun were on a picnic date at a nearby park. you had been at the park for a few hours at this point.

"oh, do you want the last piece of strawberry?" you asked renjun and held the container towards him.

"only if you don't want it," he replied. you brought the container closer to him and he took the cut up piece of strawberry and ate it.

you cleaned up and put all of the containers and empty bottles into the basket you had prepared earlier. renjun sat up and grabbed a bag of chips that were laying on the picnic blanket.

"you're still hungry?" you asked him.

"i've been hungry all day. besides, you don't like these so i might as well eat them," he replied and ate two chips. "is there anything else in there?" he asked and peeked in the basket.

"just some drinks," you replied and looked up at the sky. "oh, it's getting dark. should we head back?" you asked, looking at the sky.

"we can stay here longer. it'll be pretty if we stay until the sun sets," renjun said. "are you doing anything tomorrow?" he asked.

you moved a strand of hair behind your ear. "i'm meeting a friend before class, but i'm free afterwards."

"if you have nothing to do, you should come to our rehearsal," he suggested and ate some more chips. "i feel like we haven't been able to see each other lately so it'd be nice if you came to the company building."

you looked at the sky and leaned your head against his shoulder, "but your managers don't like it when i come by."

"so? they can argue with me about it then. you're my girlfriend, and i want to see you tomorrow," renjun said and placed the bag of chips down so he could hold your hand. he rubbed a few circles on the back of your hand. then, he grabbed a bottle of water and took a sip of water.

"are you sure, renjun?" you asked and turned your head to look at him.

"don't worry about them, babe. all that matters is watching me dance and probably trip somehow," he said and you laughed. "i love it when you smile," he said and kissed your lips. both of you looked at the sky as the sun descended.

"renjun?" you called out to him.

"what is it?"

"i love you."

he chuckled and squeezed your hand, "i love you too, y/n."