BROKEN PROMISES

WARNING: This chapter has lots of death and hallucinations and implied mention of sex. If that makes you uncomfortable in any way please do not read.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
♪ ♪ ♪

lightweight.

That's how lavender felt. As if she was floating. Light as a feather.

There are no worries in the universe. No more pain. No more noises from the outside world.

Everything just ceases to stop.

It's nice.

Until she feels her consciousness reappear, and suddenly she doesn't feel like she's floating anymore.

She stirs slightly, groaning as she realizes she's not floating, but instead is laying down on something soft, smooth, and velvety.

She's scared to open her eyes. No, not scared, terrified.

It was as if she wasn't present in her body, only her mind. She knew who she was, but had no idea where she was.

What she does know is that she feels a ticklish feeling on her chin, along with the feeling of a weight pressing down on her chest.

She gears herself up to open her eyes. Taking deep breaths, praying to God she wasn't in another nightmare, before taking a peek, looking down just slightly, too scared to move.

But when she looks down, her vision is clouded with strands of pink hair. The feeling of it was prickly and ticklish on her chin, but surprisingly, she didn't mind.

She blinked rapidly, confused.

Where am I?

Lavender tries to sit up, but she feels the person's strong arms wrapped tightly around her, making it difficult.

She let out a huff, peeking back down as the person on top of her stirred slightly, their face coming into view.

Lavender's eyes widen, her heart beating harshly in her chest, her stomach doing flips.

Vi?

Lavender gazes at her face, admiring her. Vi was nuzzled against her breast, her face placed above her heart, her lips pursed and her mouth slightly open as she let out quiet breaths. Her eyelids were closed, her lashes sitting prettily against her cheeks. She was wearing a tight white tank top, exposing her forearms and rippling back muscles. Her tattoo was displayed, the expansive ink flowing from her neck all the way down to the arch of her back. She looked beautiful. Lavender thought. Vi was something to behold; a work of art. Her nose was scrunched slightly, her face puffy and pouty. But what was really breathtaking was how serene she looked.

She had no dirt smudges or open wounds. Instead, her freckles glowed, sprinkled on her face like stars. The divot on her lip and brow was the only sign of any scarring.

Lavender appreciated vi's face for one more second before peeling her gaze away. She stared all around her, taking in where she was.

They lay in the center of a bedroom on a king-sized bed, big enough to fit three grown men. The room was luxurious yet tranquil. The bay window on the side of the room was open, allowing light to shine through, giving the room a warm glow, the wind rustling the curtains. There was a vanity near the bed, couches farther across the room, along with flowers and paintings covering the wall and other things Lav didn't pay attention to.

Wait, she knew this room.

Lavender, squirmed a little, taking a deep breath before wiggling out of Vi's tight embrace. She found it extremely difficult, not wanting to wake the women up. She heaved, rolling vi's weight off of her and to the other side of the humongous bed with a groan. She let out an exasperated sigh, shaking her head at the women, chuckling slightly, before crawling over to the edge of the bed.