STICK TOGETHER

Lavender was splayed across powder's bed. Waiting.

After spilling her guts on what she assumed Vi was about to do, Vander left immediately, telling Lavender to round everyone up and stay in the basement. Without question, she did just that.

Her mind was filled with intrusive thoughts. What if Vi was already gone? What would happen to Vander if he went to save her? Would they both get arrested?

Lavender's nibbling on her chapped lips caused them to bleed more than they already were. She was fiddling with the choker around her neck, her only source of reality as she waited for the unknown.

"Well, if the enforcers hit tonight, we'll be ready." Mylo piped up, looking over his stash of weapons they found.

"Dibs on the gun," Claggor called out, reaching for it.

"No, no, no, I found it," Mylo argued, swiping his hand out of the way.

"Respect the dibs, man."

"But I called it,"

Lavender closed her eyes, hoping she could drown out the bickering between the two boys.

"Um, lav?"

She opened her eyes to see Mylo standing over her, scratching the back of his head, eyes cast down and embarrassment on his face.

"I, uh, well, do you remember a few years back when you used that club, you know, the one with the long chain and the ball-like thing on the tip?"

"What about it?" Lavender sighed. She was in no mood for conversation, too many nerves running through her. She wished she could share her siblings' obliviousness to the situation that was going on.

"Well, I found this, thought you might want it. I mean, you're not terrible with it." He said the last part a little more nonchalantly, pulling out a morning star from behind his back.

Lavender sat up, taking the weapon out of his hand and admiring it.

"You found this for me?" She asked, surprised. Mylo and her rarely spoke to each other unless it was laced with sarcasm and bickering. She felt a little comfort knowing that he didn't just view her as his annoying sister. He actually cared. Lavender's heart swelled.

Without thinking, she stood up and pulled Mylo into a hug, surprising him and everyone else in the room. Mylo's body went rigid in shock, and both claggor and powder stared, mouths wide open in surprise.

"Ummmm,"

"Thanks, Mylo. For caring. " She pulled back to see his face red in embarrassment, eyes shifting anywhere in the room. Lavender rolled her eyes at him, punching him in the shoulder.

"You're still a dick though." She muttered, walking over to the couches. She looked down at her new weapon, wrapping the iron chains a little around her wrist and swinging it in circular motions.  Nice.

The sound of the wooden door opening caught everyone's attention. Lavender felt her heart pound in her chest when she saw  her pinkette.

Standing up, she felt the need to rush over to her, embrace and kiss her all over.  She was safe, thank god.  But lavender's heart stopped slightly when she saw the look of terror on Vi's face.

"Where's the-" Vi began before letting out an oof.

"Oh, you're back!" Powder squeezed her sister in a hug, relieved to see her. Powder's smile fell when she realized her sister wasn't hugging back, her breaths coming out shaky and uneven.