THE BEGINNING OF THE END

Swiftly and very quietly, lavender made her way through the night. Her heart matched the rush of her footsteps. Her head was beating rapidly with a pounding headache reminiscent of a symphony.

She had given herself a moment of freedom and relief. That's what Vi felt like; relief. Kissing her was like a breath of fresh air, waking Lavender up from whatever suffocating doubts and thoughts she had ever had about her past.

Vi ignited something in her that she thought only Jinx could only spark.

Tired of waiting, tired of being scared, Lavender was going to have to face her past. She was going to have to get her memories back.

Lav continued her fast pace through the lanes, making her way to the only person she knew who would be able to fully help her.

The thought of leaving Vi behind without an explanation made her heart feel heavy. She felt guilty at the thought of Vi looking for her right now, wondering where she was so they could deliver the hextech stone across the bridge.

But Lavender wasn't leaving her, nor was she abandoning Jinx. She wanted both sisters in her life, and the consequences of that wish were heavy and burdensome. But how could she desert the only people that had ever truly loved her?

Jinx was her best friend and her little sister, the only thing keeping her going these past years. Without Jinx, Lav probably would have given up a long time ago. But Vi, Vi was something else. Lavender had never been so mesmerized by someone before. She was completely swept off her feet, falling hard for the pinkette, and that scared her, but what scared her more was losing that feeling, losing that rush. Among Lav and Jinx's bleak four years together, Vi was the missing piece. And lavender needed both of them to feel complete.

Lavender slowed down when she made her way to the highest part of the lanes, making her way down the river leading to Singed's office. She shivered as the cold air nipped at her skin, missing the warmth of Vi. Doubts and fear began to cloud her judgment, making her anxious.

Was this a good idea?

Lav listened to the flickering of wings above her, feeling the soft glow of fluorescent lights spread around her. Looking up, she noticed dozens and dozens of rows of firelights, leading her way through the tunnel. It was almost like they were egging her on, giving her hope. She inhaled, taking in the beauty the lanes had to offer, before exhaling and finally making her first step into the cave.

With each step, her boots echoed, giving the eerie cave what it wanted: fear. But today, Lav was going to be braver than she ever imagined she could be. Besides, she was used to it, the unsettling type of anxiety and fear that came with Singed's lab. In some sad way, this was a part of her home. All those years of torture and training had helped shape Lavender into the person she was now.

Carefully, she made her way to the clearing, taking off the mask around her face, her footsteps stopping when she met the back of a familiar ally.

"I wish I could say I'm surprised to see you here, but I've had a lot of old visitors lately." Singed eyed a tube of shimmer, bringing it into the light before turning around and eyeing the woman in front of him.

"What do you need? Hurt again?"

Lav let out a breath, closing her eyes, before staring the man dead in the eyes.

"I want them back. My memories. " She commented, taking in his relaxed emotions. He didn't appear surprised at all, in fact, his eyes gave the opposite impression.

He gave her a knowing look, yet he still asked, "Are you sure?"

She ignored him, crossing her way over to the table in the center of the room. Her fingers gently traced the cold stone, shuddering slightly at the thought of how many hours she had stayed strapped down here, hoping for someone to save her, anyone.