WHAT COULD'VE BEEN

"Are we still sisters?"

"Nothing is ever going to change that."

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
♪ ♪ ♪

Lavender felt her head ring in agonizing pain. She was slumped over, tied up, beaten, and bruised, yet she still opened her eyes.

Her head sagged as she stared down, blinking rapidly. Sluggishly, she lifted her head, her eyes adjusting to her surroundings. If her body wasn't so sore, she would've let out a gasp as she looked to her side, seeing the very man she was chasing down, tied up and muzzled.

Silco?

Lavender cocked her head forward, taking in the environment around her.

The Docs?

She thought, and almost as if the universe could read her mind, a crow shrieks in the distance, giving her answer.

Looking at the table in the center of the room, Lav noticed multiple different items scattered and placed around: Plates, silverware, and other mismatched dining items were placed on the table, along with a few personal belongings that Lavender immediately recognized, her eyes widening.

Her old music box, which powder had stolen for her all those years ago, was placed at the center of the table, open, allowing lavender to see the man and woman spinning slowly in circles. Next to the spinning box was the old stuffed bunny, sitting there with its black beady eyes staring straight at her. As well, there were a few of her syringes scattered across the lengthy table. To the right of her, only a few inches away, were her weapons: the morning star and her throwing knives.

Lavender had to fight the urge to reach out and grab them, looking back in her lap to see her tied hands secured tightly.

"What's going on?"

Lavender's head snapped up at that familiar voice, her heart yearning nothing more to see those familiar blue eyes.

Thankfully, her prayers were answered as suddenly a lighter was thrown across the table, lighting all the candles on the table with scary accuracy.

Vi was spun around and pushed to the other end of the table. Immediately, their eyes connected, lavender feeling relieved yet somewhat guilty about their conversation earlier. Reading Vi's expression, she could see that Vi was thinking the same thing as they shared a knowing, sincere look.

"Lavender! Are you okay? " She asked in one breath. Lavender could see her eyes scanning her body, a look of sympathy in her radiant eyes as she looked over her scarred body.

Lavender looked more like a ghost at this point than a person.

It made Vi sick to her stomach. Guilt piercing her heart. How hadn't she noticed how tired she looked?