REUNITED

"Ow-Fuck Jinx."

"Well, stop squirming!"

Lav was sitting on Jinx's desk chair as she worked on her, currently pulling a needle through her thigh to stitch her wound.

She felt another tight pull on the needle, and she let out a groan through clenched teeth.

"I don't know why you won't just take shimmer," Jinx muttered as she pulled the remaining string off with her teeth.

"Or you could have just let me staple the wound shut."

"Jinx," Lav began glaring at her, "Please tell me you don't staple your wounds shut... with a stapler."

Jinx just ceased what she was doing, her eyes going wide.

"You know what, don't answer that." Lav sighed as she laid her head back, letting her hair dangle a little over the chair.

Her entire body ached in pain; bruises and marks were littered all over her already scarred body. Silco really did a number on her.

♪ ♪ ♪FLASHBACK A FEW HOURS AGO♪ ♪ ♪

" Were you meeting with her? "

Lav groggily shook her head as she felt another blow come across her cheek, snapping her head to the side, the recoil giving her whiplash.

She was currently tied down to a chair in Silco's office, and Sevika was standing not far away in the corner of the room, watching this unfold. After leaving that girl, Vi, in the alleyway, Lav had two options: hide and wait for Sevika to tell on her, and then have Silco's goons come looking for her; or come and face the man herself, maybe try to explain. Stupidly, she chose the second choice. Look where that landed her: tied down to a chair and badly beaten. She felt her entire body vibrate with rage. She was livid, not only because she was being interrogated by the very man she detested, but also because she hated being strapped to anything against her free will, reminiscent of the singed's lab.

"I swear to God...I have no idea who she is. " Lav huffed, feeling the taste of iron pool in her mouth.

"You are lying." He hisses, spitting onto her face. "I knew it was only a matter of time before you conspired against me! against jinx! Is there no loyalty left in Zaun? "

Lav wanted to laugh at his irony. No matter what, she would always be loyal to Jinx. But Silco, on the other hand, could go straight to hell.

"All those years of training, experimenting, and building you up to be something great turned out to be a disappointment." He sighs, pushing stray hairs that fell while hitting her out of his face. "I should've left you on the street, let the fire of the building take you."

Lav's head perked at that, slowly coming out of her foggy state. "What?" She whispered, but he ignored her, plucking a knife from his desk into his cold hands.

"You are a waste" He spat, before walking close to her, leaning down to her eye level. "I knew eventually you would get your memories back. I just didn't expect it so soon. Of all times, I just hope Jinx will forgive me. Losing you and now I have to kill the sister... I don't know how she'll respond. "

Sister? The woman from yesterday is Jinx's sister... Lav now understood why her name felt familiar. Her mind was spinning, not only from the blood loss. She was taking in so much information at once, trying to battle the visions flashing in her mind. Everything was slowly coming back to her in fragments.