THE COUNCIL

Lavender tried to ignore the sound of loud horns blaring into the night. She had forgotten how awful the piltover warning horns were. But in a way, they were a great distraction from the situation they were in, also for the warm blood she felt oozing at her side.

Vi stopped, turning a corner to allow Caitlyn to rest against a brick wall. Secretly, Lavender was grateful for this.

"I'll be right back," Vi assured them, before rounding the corner to get a look at Jinx and Silco.

Lav just nodded her head in response before tripping, her back hitting the wall as well. She felt beads of sweat form on the top of her forehead as she took in shaky breaths. Hesitating, she looked down to see one of Jinx's bullets in her side.

"Shit." She cursed. The last thing she needed was any more injuries to add to her already withering body, and even if she wanted to take shimmer now, she doubted there was any of it in topside, which meant she was going to have to stick it out and play it cool.

"Are you all right?" Caitlyn asked as she sat on the ground, holding her wound as well.

Lav just gave her a weak, reassuring smile before playing off her injury. Walking with her head up high, she peeked over the corner to see Silco, carrying Jinx away and off the bridge.

She felt her stomach churn at that, a deep-rooted rage painting her features. Without thinking, Lavender reached out, ready to fight all the enforcers if she had to to get Jinx away from Silco, but just as she was amping herself up, Vi grabbed her, pulling her back.

"Lavender, stop." She said, her voice rising. Vi was playing it strong for both of them. She could feel Lav's anger radiating off of her, and she felt the same way. But she knew they wouldn't make it out alive if they ran back in. Plus, Caitlyn looked like she needed immediate medical attention.

"Vi, I'm not going to let him just take her away."

"I know, but we're outnumbered."

"That's never stopped you before." Lav scoffed.

"Shortcake, you're not thinking clearly. Wasn't it you who told me to stop running head first into everything?  Caitlyn needs help. And we have to deliver the stone. "

Caitlyn cut into their conversation, "It's gone." She said with disbelief as she opened the hextech canister.

"What?" Lav asked, her teeth clenched.

"All that for nothing." Caitlyn said, her tone upset.

Vi looked ahead, her lips quivering as she watched Silco make off with her sister.

Lavender felt the wound in her side ache, deciding Vi was right.

"Cait, do you have a house around here?"

♪ ♪

Lav and Vi held Caitlyn up as they made it over a fence to a large house. If lavender wasn't in so much pain right now, she would've been in awe. Once they had made it to the side of the house, they stood below a huge bay window.

"You think you can make it up there, shortcake?" Vi asked, a little teasing smile on her face, as she held Caitlyn.

"Please, Vi, do you even know me?" She asked, smirking at her, "This is light work-"

Vi didn't allow her to finish, with ease she let go of Caitlyn and threw lav up there. Lavender didn't even realize what was happening as she felt her body being tossed in the air like a rag doll, her ass landing right on top of the ledge of the window.