ROUND TWO

"I feel quite bad,"

Lavender slowly opened her eyes, hearing a deep voice speak to her.

"You look like my daughter," The voice said, a tint of shame was colored in his tone.

Lavender's groggy eyes looked above her. A blinding light was shoved in her face as she peered up at the man before her. He was pale, almost pasty. His hair was in patches on the back of his head, and along with his cold eyes was a deep scar on his face.

She attempted to reach up and push the light out of her face, but she didn't get very far. She realized she was strapped down to a table.

"But I must admit, you're as good as any for our first... subject."

Lav heard fast footsteps come forward. She couldn't see the face of the man that spoke, but she knew his voice.

"What's taking so long? Begin, before she dies!" The voice caused a shiver to run down her spine.

"She'll die either way, but must I work on a young girl?" The doctor looked down at her, feeling just a hint of guilt. "It'll be a painful death... if the mutation does not survive."

"She's the same as the boy; just make sure to keep her alive this time. She shows promise."

Lavender let out a shriek of agony as she felt a needle surge into her chest, a prickling feeling spreading throughout her body and into her bloodstream. It was like swallowing a hot branding iron, as she felt an unimaginable pain course through her body. She began to thrash against her restraints, feeling as if each bone in her body was cracking, breaking, then repeating. She cried out.

"Violet! Please, please, make it stop!" she screamed, her eyes squeezed shut.

She heard the silky voice become faint as he made his departure. "Oh, and make sure by the time you're done with her, she forgets that name. And everything else that comes along with it."

Lav felt the world begin to fade to black as she felt exhaustion take over. Memories began to flash through her head like a slideshow, presenting her with everything she had lost. She wanted her siblings back, she wanted powder to run up and hug her...she wanted vi to kiss her, one last time.

The doctor began to reach for her choker and she quickly called out. "Please... don't. It's all I have." He paused, looking over her tear stained cheeks, before deciding to leave it.

"I'm sorry," The doctor flicked the purple liquid in the syringe before centering it above her heart, "Maybe, forgetting them, will bring you some remnants of peace."

That was the last thing Lavender heard as she felt another piercing needle inject its way into her skin.

♪ ♪ ♪

Lav let out a groan as she felt herself being thrashed around. She didn't have time to stay on the ground though, she wasn't allowed to.

She quickly pushed herself up, ducking when she felt a fist swing at her face. She felt another presence behind her, ducking and kicking the perpetrator in the groin before taking her knife and slashing his throat. She began to run herself up a wall before swinging back down and crushing the man's head into the ground, hearing the crack of his skull. Lav smiled in triumph when he stayed down, not moving. She looked over at the shadow-like person in the distance, peering down at her with his orange eyes and a smirk. He shouldn't be smiling. She thought.

Suddenly, Lav felt someone bash her face into a wall, knocking the wind out of her in the process. Falling to the ground, she felt her head spin. She was tired, so tired.